fedora 10 perfect server network issue

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Turbanator, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Turbanator

Turbanator Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am having issues with the perfect server fedora 10 setup with the network. No matter what I try, I cannot get my ip address to stick. Per the instr, I assume this is a standard issue, I did the networkmanager restart...etc. In the past (fedora 9 perfect server) we disabled the network manager, why do we keep it enabled in fedora 10? Should I disable it?

the install gave me the error during repositories check just like it happened in the instr but the network config recognized my nic without issue in system-config-network. And this is the same nic I used when I installed f9.

I know I can just try to disable networkmanager, but I am curious why we don't disable this time around vs f9.

btw, this is a hardware upgrade move of ispconfig, and just moving the exisitin hd's ends up part way through of bootup, then says it can't find volumes (LVM?)...etc. Maybe an issue with raid1 moving to new hardware on sata drives...strange.

edit...this is f10 x86_64.
    TIA

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'd try to disable NetworkManager in your case.

This time I did not have any problems with the NetworkManager, that's why I did not disable it.

3. Mistoffeles

Mistoffeles New Member

Network Mismanager

In Fedora 10 I have installed two servers, one worked fine and the other was totally fubared because of Network Manager.

I had to use

chkconfig NetworkManager off

then

chkconfig --levels 235 network on

to get networking functioning properly.

It seems arbitrary whether you have to do this or not after a fresh install.