Fedora 5 install of Apache 1.3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by PortMan, Jun 15, 2006.

1. PortMan

PortMan New Member

I'm installing, yet again, a new server to try and get everything working. One requirement I have is that I need to run FrontPage extensions. In the ISPConfig manual, it says that ONLY FrontPage 2002 extension are supported under Apache 1.3.x.

Now, with me being new to Linux, I have to follow the "The Perfect Setup - Fedora Core 5 (64-bit)" and the this installs the Apache 2.x server. How can I change the document instructions so I can install Apache 1.3.x and get it to work with FrontPage extension?

Also, following the instructions, PHP 5 is installed. Will this work ok with Apache 1.3? If not, what do I need to do?

Thank you everyone for helping!!!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess there are no Frontpage 2002 extensions for 64 Bit linux.

Have you checked the Microsoft homepage before you choose Fedora 5 with 64Bit?

Also I'am not sure if there are any official Apache 1.3 packages at all for Fedora 5.

3. PortMan

PortMan New Member

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I'm not using the 64-bit version of Fedora.

Since there isn't an Apache 1.3 for Fedora, what other Linux version would you recommend that will support Apache 1.3?

Thanks.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Debian 3.1