Fedora Core 7 - Perfect Setup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tristanlee85, Aug 20, 2007.

1. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Code:
    [root@localhost named]# mysqladmin -h server.vasceria.com -u root password mypassword
    mysqladmin: connect to server at 'server.vasceria.com' failed
    error: 'Host 'server.vasceria.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server'
    Hopefully this is in the right forum, but why am I getting that error? My /etc/hosts file reads:

Code:
    # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
    # that require network functionality will fail.
    127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
    192.168.1.130           server.vasceria.com server

::1             localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The above command only works of the output of the commands "hostname" and "hostname -f" is identical and this host is allowed to connect to the mysql server.

You can proceed with the installation and when you have finished the setup and installed ISPConfig plus the phpmyadmin package, then check that all root accounts in mysql are password protected.

3. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Alrigt. The installation finished. It now says I can access ISPConfig by using https://server.vasceria.com:81 This is what it used to be in the past as well, but now I'm getting Could not establish an encrypted connection because the certificate presented by server.vasceria.com has an invalid signature.

I tried connecting to it using the local IP address and I still get the same error.

4. till

This error appears only in firefox, if you have another server with the identical SSL cert. The only solution are:

1) recreate the ssl cert and do not enter the same ssl information that you use on your other server.

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121

2) If the other server does not exist anymore, delete the old ssl cert in the firefox ssl certificate cache.

3) Use another brother then firfox.... ok, not a real option ;)

5. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Thanks for the help so far. I finally copied over the files to restore my original ISPConfig setup. Everything is working properly except that there are no records at all for my domains. They exist on my server, but using the 'dig' command I get nothing.

Will ISPConfig re-submit new records? I'm not sure exactly how the records are created, but done of my sites are accessable right now.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Are you referring to DNS records? If so, do you host them yourself, or does someone else (e.g. your registrar) do it?

7. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

I host them myself.

8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Does
    Code:
    dig @localhost yourdomain.com
    work?
    Did you update the DNS records of your nameservers?

9. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Using @localhost gives me the output I'm looking for. What do I need to do to update the records of my nameserver?

10. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Well everything finally updated. I guess my IP address is on every blacklist possible because I went to send a mass e-mail to everyone on my forum and I got returned messages containing:

Code:
    This is the mail system at host server.vasceria.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<[email protected]>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error
        for name=dcl.rr.com type=A: Host not found

<[email protected]>: host mx1.hotmail.com[65.54.244.8] said: 550 Your
        e-mail was rejected for policy reasons on this gateway.  Reasons for
        rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or
        IP/domain reputation problems.  If you are not an e-mail/network admin
        please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help.  For e-mail
        delivery information, please go to http://postmaster.live.com (in reply to
        MAIL FROM command)

MAIL FROM command)

MAIL FROM command)

MAIL FROM command)

So, I'm going to hook up my other router so I can get myself a new IP address due to the MAC address change. As for configuring ISPConfig, can I simply change the IP addresses in the DNS Manager to the new IP, or do I have to delete the current entries in the DNS Manager section and then re-add everything with the new IP address?

11. till

You do not have to delete the entries in dns manager, just change the IP addresses and save the changes.