Fedora Server/Router/E-mail Filter

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by TFF, May 30, 2006.

1. TFF

TFF New Member

Hey Folks,

First Post here, have read allot of the tuts around and am greatfull for the help provided so far, but I would be really greatfull for some further assistance.

Here follows my probems:

1) Router - I currently have 1 Linux Server, and 1 Linux Home PC, what I would like to do is have my cable modem wired into eth0, and my home PC wired into eth1, The Server then should be providing an internet connection to my home PC (maybe some form of NAT idea)

2) Firewall - Furthering above, I would like the server to act as a Firewall on inbound traficc (again maybe some software NAT?)

3) I also have a remote server I rent, however it is a VPS and the provider does not provide any form of spam-assasin, I would like to have my server coneect lets say every 10 Mins to my POP3 on my remote server collect my E-mails, Filter it with my local spam assasin, and then make it availible on a local e-mail system.

Some of this is possibly askin allot, but I would be very greatfull for any assistance, howver my main priority is getting (1) Done really.

Many Thanks In advance.

TFF

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Which distribution do you use? If you have a desktop installed, you might be able to configure the internet connection sharing in the control center.

It might not be the worst idea to install IPCop on that computer ( http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_linux_firewall_ipcop ). And if you ask me, I'd use a hardware router, they are not that expensive, and they save a lot of energy (and therefore money).

You can fetch the emails with fetchmail and then forward them to your local Postfix which has amavisd and SpamAssassin integrated.