fetchmail & postfix & webmail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ComB@x, Aug 1, 2006.

1. ComB@x

ComB@x New Member

I followed the postfix tutorial (with quota etc..., http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier ) and I think everything went fine.
    Now, I want to use fetchmail to catch the mail from my mailserver (via imap) and use this machine as local mailserver, the only problem is: I can't use any webmail. IlohaMail gives timeouts, Talaen Webmail gives me this error: "Maildir: No such file or directory"
    I read this might be because there isn't any mail yet, so probably there is something wrong with my fetchmail-configuration. I followed this tutorial and the only thing I'm not sure about, is the local user. Should this be the email from the users-table (in the mail-database), or something different?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Maildir is created when the first email arrives.

I'd try the email from the users table. If it doesn't work, please check your mail log for errors.

3. ComB@x

ComB@x New Member

Ok, that's working fine now.
    Only one prolbem left: I use imap, but fetchmail seems to delete te messages from the mailserver when they are delivered to the local mailserver. Is there a way to prevent this, so I have sort of a backup of my messages. And is it possible to receive both new AND read messages? (ok, that makes 2 problems ;) )

My current fetchmail config-file:
    Code:
    poll SERVER proto AUTO
    user USER there with password PASS is LOCALUSER here

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Change it to

Code:
    poll SERVER proto AUTO
    user USER there with password PASS is LOCALUSER here [B][COLOR="Red"]keep[/COLOR][/B]

5. ComB@x

ComB@x New Member

Thanks for the help, everything is going fine now :)