fetchmail

Discussion in 'General' started by Olgierd, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Olgierd

Olgierd Member

Hi!
    I am running ISPConfig 3.1.1 and when I want use option fetchmail I have popup:
    Illegal combination of options. You can not use "Delete emails after retrieval" = no together with "Retrieve all emails" = yes
    I do not have option "Delete emails after retrieval" check. I want only "Retrieve all emails" because I want left emails on old server in case that something will go wrong with transfer. Can I do this ?

2. red281gt

red281gt New Member

I'm having this issue as well.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As the message states, this combination of settings that you used makes no sense and is harmful. If you want to leave emails on the old server then "Retrieve all emails" must be unchecked, otherwise, it would download all emails over and over again and not just the emails that have not been downloaded yet.

Sotmlac likes this.
  4. Geekteq

Geekteq New Member

Hey Till,
    I know this is an old thread but I need to ask how you would do this (with the above limitations).

Customer is migrating from other hosting to me. He has IMAP and all his mail is on the old server. I need to sync his email to my servers. If I was using Google Apps I would tell the server that IMAP should be on for ALL email since start but this is not an option here.

And the option of not downloading ALL email is not an option for me - or am I misunderstanding and that it will download all email but, going forward, just downloading the new email until I turn it off?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are Linux programs for that like imapsync or imapcopy which connect to source and target imap account and copy the emails and folder structure.