Few issues

Discussion in 'General' started by user011, Mar 9, 2017.

1. user011

user011 Banned

Ive installed ISPConfig on HP Blade running Debian 8.
    Quite nice, clean UI, but few issues:

1. Ive created users via SSH, they are not reflected in ISPConfig
    2. You cannot go to another tab when you wish to (bland red area appears

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Users have to be created in ISPConfig.

I guess you did not enter the required details then.

3. user011

user011 Banned

Thanks,

1. if I create users from ISPConfig, will they be created as standard Unix users (with homedirs etc),
    2. yes I know, but why there is empty red area instead of some message to user?

4. till

When you create a shell user in a website in ISPConfig, then this shell user has a home dir of course.

There should be a message inside. On whch form and in which language do you get the empty red area?

5. user011

user011 Banned

I get empty red box in Sites > Website > click on domain > SSL:
    Click inside SSH Key to add key > click Save; you get this empty box
    Its on US/gps dictionary
    When on PL no box is showed.

When I create users in Shell users, there is no home-cdp wrapper, so no home is created

6. till

Just tested this on the current ispconfig stable version (3.1.2) here and both things are working fine, so not sure whih version you installed and what you might have missed to install on your server.

See screenshot which shows the correct error message.
    ISPConfig-3.1.2.png
    I checked a shell user in ispconfig, it get's added in /etc/passwd correctly:

thomastest:x:5007:5006::/var/www/clients/client1/web3/home/thomastest:/bin/bash

the user has its own homedir and the homdedir gets created correctly as well in the filesystem.

7. user011

user011 Banned

When talking about homedir, I meant inside /home dir, not inside /var/www/*

8. till

I guess you don't know what ISPConfig is and that ISPConfig is a hosting control panel. A hosting control panel is a software to manage web, mail and dns servers at a hosting provider, it is not a software to create any desktop users in the /home dir. A shell users that get's created by a hosting control panel is a user to access a website that you created in the hosting control panel by ssh and the home directory of such a shell user is inside the directory of that website of course and not in /home