Few question about ISPconfig!!

Discussion in 'General' started by banzaiwebstudio.com, Dec 4, 2008.

1. banzaiwebstudio.com

banzaiwebstudio.com New Member

i have my ISPconfig working fine, i also have 2 websites running on them 100% via virtual hosts obsviously. But when i try to access the server itself remotely, it shows the "Shared ip" message. however the same domain but on the ISPconfig port (81), works.

DO ISPconfig blocks the port 80 of the main apache server?

domain.com (main) (no accessible)------->
    site1.com (virtual) (working)
    site2.com (virtual) (working)

any ideas?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In ISPConfig there is no such thing as a main domain, every domain is trated equally and has to be created as website.

3. banzaiwebstudio.com

banzaiwebstudio.com New Member

Maybe i did not explain it enough. When i installed ISPconfig i have a ubuntu box which i assign a domain to it (domain.com), at this point if i access this site via brownser i saw the "It Works!". Than i installed ISPconfig, created virtualdomain1.com, virtualdomain2.com, which works perfectly, but now when i access domain.com, i see the "Shared ip" message.

Any idea?

It is not a problem with the virtual web sites.

Also i would like to ask about the .htaccess file, how does ISPconfig handles it?

if i add the Options in AllowOveride in apache2.conf, so i can use to change any options, values and conf for apache and php?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I fully understodd your post and answered it already above. Create a new site for domain.com.

.htaccess files are handled by apache and noit ispconfig.

You can do that but its very insecure.