Few teething probs

Discussion in 'General' started by terryoleary1981, Jan 6, 2008.

1. terryoleary1981

terryoleary1981 New Member

Hi All

I just successfully completed my first install of ISPconfig on Fedora 7. But i have a few queries.

1) I've added a new site but dont know what the FTP details should be, I've enabled the FTP option but I'm not sure of username and host etc.

2) What would be the URL of the site, I'm having problems internally (to the network) seeing the website and so i'm thinking that if i try the server IP address instead i might have more luck seeing internally.

3) Initial testing seems to indicate i can send emails but not receive them...

Having said all this is could well be a propagation issue. Any pointers especially the FTP one , much appreciated!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Create a new user on the user & email tab and use these details for FTP. Make sure that you enable the administrator checkbox for the user, if this user shell have access to the main website directory.

2) You will have to use the domain name of the site that you entered in the website settings. The IP will not work.

3) Have a look at your mail log for errors.

3. terryoleary1981

Thanks for those pointers till, I've now solved the second problem and can see the site internally.

I've been able to upload via FTP using the webFTP via ISPConfig. but i'm getting Error 530 when accessing via an FTP client (Filezilla). I'm using the correct username and password too. So if anyone can help on this it would be much appreicated.

Yet to tackle the mail one.

4. terryoleary1981