Field 'folder_directive_snippets' doesn't have a default value

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ranjit, Jun 23, 2016.

1. ranjit

ranjit New Member

I have created a new server using the perfect server manuals for ispconfig and when i try to create a site on ispconfig it shows this error. Has anyone come across this error before?

2. jadik

jadik New Member

Seems to be my plight, as well. ISPconfig 3.1rc2 on Debian 8.6 Jessie. It was a virgin ISPconfig installation, rather than upgrade...
    After purchasing the ISPconfig migration extension, I was able to import 100+ sites, but am currently prevented from adding any new websites due to this bug.

Have you found a remedy yet, Ranjit?

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sounds like a bad query or wrong schema definition for web_domains table:
    https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/blob/stable-3.1/install/sql/ispconfig3.sql#L1986

Probably @till or @florian030 would know what is the correct fix, either the field should allow NULL or set the default value to an empty string. The latter is probably the safer of the two not knowing any better, so in mysql run
    Code:
    alter table web_domain alter column folder_directive_snippets set default ''
    or use phpmyadmin to set the default for that column.

4. Jesse Norell

5. manyk

manyk New Member

I can't find anywhere in the documentation what is this or what is used for? folder_directive_snippets

6. Jesse Norell

It is the name of a column in the web_domain table in ISPConfig's database. As for what it's used for, I don't know offhand, but a quick search in ISPConfig's source code might explain it.