File Permissions

Discussion in 'General' started by 40esp, May 15, 2009.

1. 40esp

40esp New Member

I have a perfect server w/ ispconfig 3. OpenSuSE 11.

I created a site in ispconfig along with an ftp user.

When I make a new folder in my ftp client, and add a file to it, then try to access it in my browser, it gives me a ERROR 403 - Forbidden!. I looked at the permissions in my ftp client, and the permissions said only the owner could execute it. I changed the permissions on the file recrusively, and it still did not work. The user and group are correct on the files I upload (client1, web1).

What is the problem?

Thanks

Having root privileges on the files work btw.

Edit, in order to get it to work, I need to select write for everyone and execute for everyone. It does not automatically do the permissions for me....

I think it has something to do with pure-ftpd

I resolved it, The unmask param was set weird in the pure-ftpd conf file.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. rvakili

rvakili Member

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a same thing. I am running ISPconfig 2.19 or 2.21 on fedora 8

If files or images upload via root it shows up fine. If FTP or SSH used by the user the images dose not show and files, php, is not working.

Again if you login as a root it is all fine. The users have ftp & ssh access.

Hope Till or Folko let us know.

Thanks again.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please do not post ispconfig 2 questions in the ispconfig 3 threads. ISPConfig 2 and 3 work absolutely different and use a different user scheme, so solutions for ispconfig 3 will not work for ispconfig 2 and vice versa.

Post the output from ls -la for a working and a not working .php file.