FileManger, UnZip, installer for CMS

Discussion in 'General' started by mike_phi, Dec 30, 2008.

1. mike_phi

mike_phi New Member

Hi there I realize that ISPConfig does not support
    - FileManager (Other than Web-Ftp)
    - Unzip
    - installer for CMS e.g. phpbb phpnuke, drupal etc etc

I have read some topics posted here and realized that this is not supported
    my question is can someone describe a step by step as to how I can incorperate this functionality in ispconfig without the use of shell accesto my clients.

- filemanager
    I was thinking of using http://www.net2ftp.com has anyone wrapped this as a ISPConfig module which I could install using the update manager, if not is there a way I can neatly incorperate this functionaliy or something similar under GPL to be accessed by all my clients

-UNZIP
    I found unzip imperitive to deploying some of the websites I have built in the past, how can I offer my ISPConfig clients Zip functionaly without issuing shell access as some of them would not even know how to use a shell : ).

- install scripst for CMS and similar

with the growing popularity of CMSs like phpnuke, drupal and phpbb, automatic install posibilities are desirable, I was wondering if there are any utilities built for ISPConfig and if not is there any work arounds to enable users to install these CMSs without the availability of unzip I would not want to imagine how long it would take a user without shell acces to upload a PhpNuke Site using a file by file upload : (.

I think ISPConfig is a fantastic control panel and would really appreciate some work arounds or be pointed out to some available modules to neatly (like the rest of ISPConfig) incorperate this functionalty.

just a thought, if phpMyadmin could be wrapped as a installable module using the update site I am sure http://www.net2ftp.com could be handeled in a similar fashion if anyone has any experience in this area of writting packages please comment, being an experienced programmer myself I would gladly partacipate in this wrapper development the only fear I have is the lack of ISPConfig knowledge so seeing the risks a ftp client could present I would much rather have the experts look into it.

cheers and thanks in advance

Mic

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. mike_phi

mike_phi New Member

net2ftp module

Ok great, I will attempt to write my own net2ftp module for ISPConfig
    the only reason I need a net2ftp module is just for its "filemanager" functionality if anyone has a better suggestion please post it here.

I had a look at

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/webmail.pkg

and

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/p...-2.6.4-pl3.pkg

packakes by downloading and unzipping

I am hoping to use this as a template.

could you explain the file structure

the unzied the webmail.pkg and the file contains the following could you explain their significance and origin :-

nav.inc
    package
    webmail.tar

nav.inc
    I dont know what this file is for and what I would need to adapt so that it applies to net2ftp.

package
    I guess this is the ISPConfig installation file, any tipes as to what the various options are e.g. if I want net2ftp to be in a menu of its own for example "File Manager" if this is too much to ask then under the tools menu is fine.

here is the simple net2ftp installation instructions does this seem doable by the "package" file

Code:
    NET2FTP INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

(For upgrade instructions read below.)

To view the detailed installation instructions, open the /files_to_upload/help.html 
    file in a browser, and click on Administrator.

In a few words:

1 - Unzip all the files on your computer, and upload them to your web server.

2 - The /temp directory should be chmodded to 777. 

3 - Set your settings in the settings.inc.php file.

4 - A database is only required if you want to log the actions of the users, or 
        if you want to enable the daily consumption limit. To create the tables, 
        execute the SQL queries in the "create_tables.sql" file. This can be done 
        easily in PhpMyAdmin, the popular front-end to MySQL.

To integrate net2ftp with Mambo, Drupal or Xoops, follow the instructions in 
    the readme.txt files in the respective directories under 
    /integration_in_other_PHP_applications.

If you need help, post a message on the net2ftp forum:
        http://www.net2ftp.org/forums

webmail.tar
    is this just the official jar file downloaded from the official site without any adaptations same applies to the phpMyAdmin.tar file so I should be able to just download the net2ftp

is there any problem seeing that net2ftp contains some java modules

Security issues

When using net2ftp will the clients

(a) be able to log in using their ISPConfig Ftp accounts

(b) only be limited to the directories that the ISPConfig ftp account allows

I would really appreciate feedback on this as I would not want to issue my clients any more access than ISPConfig FTP accounts permit, I would just like to include net2ft so that they can edit files and use the functionality netftp presents.

Thanking you in advance

Mic

4. mike_phi

mike_phi New Member

FileManager complete just need zlib support

Hi there,

Just thought I would let those of you watching this thread know that I have completed this module and it works like a charm, the only aspect I have got stuck with is zlib support in the ISPConfig php installation,

I am running Fedora 5

any tips woud be welcome

refer to this thread for background information on the zlib problem I am experiencing

http://howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29973

cheers Mic

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you need zlib for the ispconfig php then you will have to recompile php or use the filemanager without zip support.