firewall now nothing

Discussion in 'General' started by aurelius, Sep 24, 2015.

1. aurelius

aurelius Member

Hello,
    I have configured the firewall for my multiserver setup. After some experiments I removed it again. But the websites of the slaves are not accessible again, and can't login with filezilla sftp. On the jobqueu it shows like the picture below.
    When I do /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh it hangs.
    What can I do about this.

Thanks, Robert
    upload_2015-9-24_15-54-52.png

this shows on ssh console

PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 62
    PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2002): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 62
    DB::__construct php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
    PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 72
    PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2002): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 72
    DB::__construct php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

stop the firewall on the shell with

/etc/init.d/bastille-firewall stop

3. aurelius

aurelius Member

I did, but still cannot access the slave servers. Also they are unable to find the other through ping, the master server is available with ping. In /etc/hosts they are present.
    From within the slave server throught openvz vzctl I cannot ping www.google.com. It seems there is something wrong with the network.

This all happends after removing the firewall settings in ispconfig

4. till

stop the firewall in all nodes. you can not use bastille in openvz containers as it will block outgoing network traffic.

5. aurelius

aurelius Member

now also the master does not have a networkconnection anymore, can't ping anything, except the slaves.

6. till

I explained you already why this happens and how to resolve it.

7. aurelius

aurelius Member

Thanks, Till

Everythings working as normal again, I complete disabled the bastille-firewall. But in jobqueu it still says like in the picture, how can I remove that.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  8. till

Restarting the amster will activate the firewall again. Run on all nodes:

update-rc.d -f bastille-firewall remove

and then restart all virtual machines.

9. aurelius

aurelius Member

I did /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh to clear the jobqueue on te master and slaves but it is still visible like the picture at the beginning of this thread.

10. till

Thats caused by the firewall. When the slaves cant connect to the master anymore, then the entrys will stay on the master until the connection works again. Thats why you should stop and disable the firewall on the shell.

11. aurelius

aurelius Member

I did all that, and that is working great again. But the jobqueueu is not empty and new added sites are waiting in the queue.

12. aurelius

aurelius Member

it solved itself now, the queue is empty