Firewall Question

Discussion in 'General' started by dhonnoll78, Sep 4, 2007.

1. dhonnoll78

dhonnoll78 New Member

My isp Config server is my only server in the house and has to share the internet with the desktop and lap top. Currently I don't use the ISP Config firewall but do use Firestarter. Can I configure the ISP Config firewall to share the internet and create my local network? If so, can I also get it to throttle my bandiwidth, if not can Firestarter do it? If not, what program can I scrap both firewalls for in exchange for something that will set up my local network, firewall unwanted traffic, and share the internet while throttling it?
    Or do I just need to take my cheap "I don't want to buy this because Linux can do it with no new hardware" back side to Wal-Mart and buy a stinkin' router and let it, share the internet, firewall and throttle bandwidth?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, the ISPConfig firewall does not have these features.

I would recommend to buy a cheap router. Linux can do all this, but it is easier to have a external router especially as they are very cheap now.

3. dhonnoll78

dhonnoll78 New Member

Only problem with that (buying a cheap router) is the learning experience that it cheats me out of.