First time using autoinstaller - Ubuntu 22.0.4 - some questions

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by schmidtedv, Nov 10, 2023.

1. schmidtedv

schmidtedv Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    I installed a new server, this time by using the new autoinstaller and have a few questions :
    1. The php 8.1 error.log shows 2 recurring lines, belonging to ISPConfig:
      PHP Warning: Undefined array key 1 in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/cron.d/100-monitor_mem_usage.inc.php on line 79
      PHP Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/cron.d/100-monitor_mem_usage.inc.php on line 79
      This will get fixed?
    2. I use my System with german language, but when I create a new Mail-Account, the welcome message in INBOX is english, where can I fix that (I only found the option to disable the welcome email, but not, which language is used)
    3. When I install ISPConfig over the Perfect Server HowTo (20.0.4) there will be Mod-PHP included, with the autoinstaller it is not activated. I guess, that's because it's normally not in use anymore, but I could activate/use it, when I install the missing parts and extensions manually, right?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is just a warning and not an error. Yes, we fix warnings caused by the sue of PHP 8.1 and 8.2 over time.

Take care to set language to 'de' in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php

Makes not much sense, your system will be slower and you lose the ability to use the modern http/2 protocol.

3. schmidtedv

Thanks, Till
    1. I just wanted to mention that there is something filling up the log, not an error, but still something maybe to get rid off.
    2. The language option I will try. However, when there are more language-templates, why do I have to use $conf['language'] = 'de'; . Have I missed an option with the autoinstaller to tell it which language to use?
    3. Mod-PHP doesn't make sense and I don't wanna use it, correct. It's just a difference I saw and I was wondering, if it might be for performance reasons or if I might have missed something else...

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The language in the config file is the global system language. Depending on which function is used inside ISPConfig, either global system language or the client or login language is applied. As you say you get english language templates for the message and I assume you have set the correct language for the client, then most likely the global system language is not set to de yet and gets applied in this case.

5. schmidtedv

In ISPConfig the global-, admin- and client-setting was "de". However, the welcome mail still got send in english. Right now, I changed the option in the config.php itself (was "en") and will see with another test-account, what get's send...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
    Th0m likes this.
  6. schmidtedv

ok, that's it, it's working now...thanks again. So, it might be just the autoinstaller (with standard-options used), not asking for which language to use, right?