folder access right problem

Discussion in 'General' started by catalyst, Mar 27, 2007.

1. catalyst

catalyst New Member

I installed Fedora 6 with ispconfig 2.2.11 and found that my phpscript can't copy or move a file to the created folder (folder was created by php script).
    Because the owner of the created folder is "apache" and access right is 644 (default). So that php script can't copy or move files into the new created folder.
    Someone say that it can use suphp to solve the access right problem.
    But I want to know that are there any solution can change the default access right of the folder to mod 755.
    Can I modify some config. file to change the default access right?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can change the permissions e.g.in your ftp client or on the shell.

The correct solution for the problem is to use suphp which is supported by ISPConfig.

3. catalyst

catalyst New Member

Hi Till

It is useless for changing the permissions by ftp or shell. Because the folder is created by php script and the default owner is "apache:apache" with access right 644. So that the php script can't copy or move files in the created folder. Besides, the scripts will created a many sub-folders in the created folder too, it is impossible for me to chmod it to 777 manually.
    Can I modify any configuration file and make the default owner to become "web1_user:web1" or change the access right to 777?

I know that suphp can solve this problem. Are there any instructions for setting it up with Fedora 6 (64-bit) & ispconfig?
    Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  4. till

My answer is the same then in my 1st post:

The correct solution for the problem is to use suphp which is supported by ISPConfig.

5. catalyst

catalyst New Member

Hi Till

Could you post a tutorial about how to install suphp for Fedora 6 and ISPConfig?
    I only find that I can use "yum install mod_suphp", but don't know how to continue to setup the suphp!
    Thanks!

6. till

Generally yes, but I'am not able to write this in the next few days.

7. catalyst

catalyst New Member

Ok! Hope that you will post it earlier.
    Hope that you can give a hand on this matter. Many thanks!

I try to use yum install mod_suphp, but there is no document on Fedora 6 with ispconfig, so that I can't setup it successfully.
    I have read other post about suphp but can't find out the exact step and procedure to use it. After I used "yum install mod_suphp, the system already load it automatically.

Now I can copy files or create folder occasionally (in fact, seldom) in the php scripts and the created folder will have access right with 755 but sometimes 644.....

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007