Folders not visible in FTP

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pebkac, Oct 26, 2017.

1. pebkac

pebkac Member HowtoForge Supporter

We have a strange problem. We are running ISPC 3.1.6. I have a couple of subdomains that I recently transferred some files from our S3 Bucket to. In some of those directories there are folders that are not visible when we connect via FTP. I can see the folders while SSH'd into the server. Also if I go to one of the folders through my ftp client by forcing it to go to one of the folders it works, but after going back to the parent folder and refreshing that folder is not visible again.

We have checked permissions and all looks, good, nothing is hidden and if it were we are set to view hidden files. Not sure what else it could be. I wanted to start here first to see if I am missing anything. Since this seems to happen after the s3sync command I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Here is the command we run to sync over the data.

s3cmd sync s3://XXXXXXX/sites/web13/web/attachments/ --skip-existing /var/www/clients/client1/web1/subdomains/devsouthland/attachments/

Attached is also a screenshot of two of the folders that we cannot see through FTP.

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are there many files and folders in this folder (directly in that folder, not in the whole folder hierarchy)? pure-ftpd has a limit of 2000 files and folders that it shows by default and this can be configured to a larger number.

3. pebkac

There are definitely many many files in these folders. So that must be the issue. How can we change that

4. till

5. pebkac

6. till

The first number is the number of files, the second is the max. directory depth.

pebkac likes this.
  7. pebkac

That did the trick. Good to know for future.