force ISPconfig to set UID and GID to all the webpages

Discussion in 'General' started by blocker, Mar 18, 2009.

1. blocker

blocker Member

Hello,

is it possible to force ISPconfig to set UID and GID to all the webpages. I found out that when i delete a site and then restore it, ISPconfig sets the correct ownership of all the files and directories in the www root. I need to do so for ALL the websites at once....

Thanks!

2. blocker

blocker Member

found out the solution thanks to till

Please run the following SQL statements in the ispconfig database:

update isp_isp_web set status = 'u' where status = '';
    update isp_isp_user set status = 'u' where status = '';

Then change a setting in one of the sites in ispconfig and click on save.

unfortunately i get an error when running writeconf.php
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 250828 bytes) in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_file.lib.php on line 158

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

How exactly did you run the writeconf script? You will have to use the ispconfig PHP and not the php from your linux installation.

4. blocker

blocker Member

/root/ispconfig/php/bin/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/writeconf.php

after i changed the max allowed memory in the /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini it seems to work fine

but it does not solve the problem with the group ownership, some of the sites have a group that does not exist in the group file. As i previously wrote deleting/restoring such a site does fix the group ownership. Is it possible to "simulate" delete/restore procedure for the broken sites somehow?

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I don't think this can be simulated.

What about updating a site? Does that fix the ownerships as well?

6. blocker

blocker Member

Hello, thanks for your reply!

Just enabled CronJobs on a site with wrong group ownership and it seems that after writeconf.php has vanished from the process list, the wrong group ownership is still there...
    It seems that only deleting/restoring the site does fix the problem...

Still wondering what may be wrong, all the websites that have wrong group ownership have the same non-existent group...