Forgotten til ispconfig admin password

Discussion in 'General' started by Net-Pet, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Net-Pet

Net-Pet New Member

I have just made and upgrade to the ISPConfig 2.2.7 and I looks
    like it went OK, but silly me I have forgotten til admin password
    to the ispconfig but I do have full root shell access.

I can login as and user and su - root, no problem so what can I do
    do get access to the https://xxxxx:81/ The ssl also looks fine.

What can I do ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you have forgotten the admin password or is ISPConfig just telling you "password wrong" when you try to login?

Plaese check with phpmyadmin that there is a suer with the username admin in the sys_user table in the ISPConfig mysql database.

3. Net-Pet

Net-Pet New Member

It says ERROR 101: wrong username or password.

I can get access to https://xxxx:81/phpmyadmin/ and all the databases
    so I almost have access now...

4. Net-Pet

Net-Pet New Member

I have no admin user only web1_admin etc but can't see the passwords..
    Thats strange.

5. Net-Pet

Net-Pet New Member

Nevermind solved :)

I just need to select MD5 and enter a new password for the user admin

6. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

I cannot log in anymore after my upgrade to 2.2.8. I looked at the table sys_user and it appears to be completely empty?

So I guess that I have to manually add the admin user.

My question is: what is the SQL script that I can use to do that?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty convinced that it has nothing to do with the upgrade, but I'm still confused :)

7. till

Is the table isp_isp_web empty too? Do you have a *.sql file in /tmp that contains the backup of your database?

8. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

Yes it is empty and yes I do have a file from about 6 weeks ago. All my websites still work and all mail users still receive mail so I'm not sure what happened, or how I can restore the system wiithout wiping out my new users.

Looking at the size I'd almost say that the database is empty?

9. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

Is there a place where I can find the SQL query/ies to run to update the database? I've added 3 websites and a few mailusers since the last backup (Thanks Falco and Till for those being created!!!) and I'm a bit concerned about what might happen if I do a restore and recreate these 3 sites and the mailusers for existing sites.

If I create a new mailuser, will ISPConfig "see" that the directory etc for the user exists and recreate that link? Or will I have to do some of that manually?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

10. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

11. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

That definitely helps. Unfortunately not all mail users and websites are in the dump.

This means that I have 3 active mail users (web12_user1 etc.) on my server but not in the dump when I restore it. Also, I lost 3 websites that currently redirect to the "main" website.

My questions can be broken down in 2 areas:

Websites:
    Although the site does not exist in the ispconfig database, will the application recognize that there is a /var/www/web25 directory and use the next free number (e.g. web26) or am I better off deleting the /var/www/web25 using commandline and recreate the site using ISPConfig? There are no mail users attached to these sites so it would not be the end of the world to do that.

Mailusers:
    If I add the mailusers to the existing website (e.g. web12), the directories, /etc/passwd records etc. already exist. Will that cause a problem if I add them using ISPConfig after I restored the database?

The complexity with the mailusers is that they have mail on my server and have their mailclients set up to use specific accounts. Disrupting that would be a problem.

12. till

The directories where not recognized. ISPConfig will reuse the directory for the next website you create in the interface.

I guess it will not cause problems, but you should check /etc/passwd for duplicates.

13. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

This sounds very reassuring. Will I only need to check /etc/passwd?

14. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Also /etc/shadow. /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow always go together.