Forward email and SpamAssassin

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by joaocosta, Dec 1, 2007.

1. joaocosta

joaocosta New Member

I have email account A (using ISP Config) which forwards to account B on a different domain/server. In account A, I've also used ISP Config to setup Spam Assassin, and it's working well.

However, the forwarding seems to happen before SpamAssassin kicks in, because all the spam is being forwarded to account B. How can I configure things such that SpamAssassin kicks in before the email is forwarded ?

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This can not be configured without programming in ISPConfig 2.2.x. But the current dev versions of ISPConfig (2.3.3) do spam scanning for redirected mails.

3. joaocosta

joaocosta New Member

Can you point me in the direction of how i can program this for ispconfig 2.2.x ? I just needs some hints as to where to look.

What exactly do you mean by programming in this context ? I thought that all that would be needed was to change some configuration file settings, nothing really specific about ISPConfig. If you can just give me keywords for the things i'm supposed to look for that would be a great help.

Thanks.

4. till

PHP programming. You can not change this by modifying just a config file.

You will have to change the ISPConfig source code to not use the .forward file for forwarding and to use a procmail recipe instead that is called after the spamassassin procmail recipe.

5. esezako

esezako Member

I have the same issue.

How can i force the spam scan before forward an email?

Thanks

6. till

ISPConfig 2: no
    ISPConfig 3: yes

7. esezako

esezako Member

I need do this in Ispconfig 2.

Any orientation?

My server is constantly blacklisted.