Forwarded spam mail not discared by antispam filter

Discussion in 'General' started by NETabuse, Feb 23, 2007.

1. NETabuse

NETabuse New Member

Hi
    So i setup up 2 domains on the server, one is the old domain from the company i used to work for and they liquidated, but i still receive some useful mail, unfortunately i get quite a torrent of spam. I forward the mail from my old work account to my new personal domain which i'm using as my primary account now. The spam filter does an upstanding job at marking spam with ***SPAM**** in the subject line, but when i set it to discard spam in the antispam rules, the mail still comes over for the forwarded domain., is this normal behaviour?

So to recap, the mail from a forwarded account (on a seperate domin on the same local machine) is not being discarded despite the antispam setting. Both the forwarding account and the account being forwarded to have discard set on the antispam rules, i have the spam hit set down to 4 points for spamassasin to make sure spam is getting caught, and mail is being marked with ***SPAM***

thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The forwarding is done before the procmail recipes (and therefore SpamAssassin) are invoked, which means they aren't invoked at all.

3. NETabuse

NETabuse New Member

hmm, that's iritating, so how can i filter out the spam from forwarded mail accounts?

4. martinfst

martinfst Member Moderator

You would need a totally different setup, most likely not supported by ISPConfig. I've seen many discussions on the postfix-users mailing list about such a setup, which have let to a working environment, so I assume it can be done.

But it would require a lot of (some?) work. Me personally can't help you.:(

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You could integrate amavisd (+ SpamAssassin) as a filter in Postfix. That would work.

6. NETabuse

NETabuse New Member

I'll have a look at doing that, is it farily similar to applying it as a spam filter on postfix.

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The current dev branch of ISPConfig is able to filter also forwarded mails trough procmail because the forwarding itself is now done trough a procmail recipe. But this feature has not been released yet.

8. NETabuse

NETabuse New Member

Oh well, if the dev branch is the next release, i can wait till then :). nice.