Forwarding mail if unser unknown possible?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by truster, Nov 13, 2010.

1. truster

truster New Member

Hello, I have setup a server with this great howto: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-10.04-lucid-lynx-ispconfig-3

Everything works fine, but i have the following situation:

i use the e-mail domain from my isp (@aon.at) with getmail. All outgoing mail goes to the smtp server from the isp. if i send a e-mail to an address, that is not in my virtual mailbox table, for example: [email protected], i get the following message:
    send to all other domains works.

is it possible to forward those mail to an external relay host?
    In Exchange 2003 i had to delegate the domain as non-authoritative and added a transport for aon.at. All unresolved adresses would be forwarded to the specified host.

Is this possible with ISPConfig3?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, you can do this with the Email Routing feature (it uses Postfix transports).

3. truster

truster New Member

Hi Falko, thanks for your reply!

If i add a e-mail routing for aon.at, all mails fetched with getmail will also be forwarded, so i get a loop (aon pop account > getmail > local smtp > aon smarthost smtp > aon popaccount. the aon smtp server detects the loop and dropped the mail
    And Thunderbird keeps display the message, if i try to send to an aon.at address.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  4. truster

truster New Member

ok, this one is not the solution, but a workaround:

i disabled the aon.at domain (and mailboxes) and createt the aon.local domain.
    i assigned the alias [email protected] with [email protected] box and also configured getmail this way.

It's not the ultimate solution, but it works.

btw: how can i make this thread as solved?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010