Freebsd 6.1 support

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by misterm, Sep 16, 2006.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

hello with all, me Re-here

I have to install Freebsd 6.1, is I find that the distrib is like same stable, at the time of the installation of ISPConfig, I have to find errors at the end of the compilation, I give you my errors.... is the file dist.txt, to add the distrib freebsd 6.1...

Here the diffirentes error which I obtained...

MM ;)

2. misterm

Freebsd 6.1 support (error 2)

Is in end of the installation, is with the restarting of the daemonds....

MM

3. misterm

Freebsd 6.1 support (error 3)

Is also on this file "check_meminfo.plugin.php"

Veiled, I continue to seek, sije finds, I would make without doûte a howto, but not for all continuation....

MM

4. misterm

Freebsd 6.1 Support (error log install ISPConfig)

Here the log errors of the installation of ISPConfig, avous to see what this master key....

Yours sincerely
    thank you;)

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig doesn't support FreeBSD. FreeBSD != Linux, there are some major differences between FreeBSd and Linux, and it would take a lot of work to change the ISPConfig sources to make ISPConfig work on FreeBSD.

6. misterm

Hello falko I can install ISPConfig under Freebsd, for the howto of freebsd, I would make when I would have succeeded in to compile openoffice, because I have evil, for the remainder worry you I try to repair the errors....

I would not make the conneries drop as I it is done with the distrib archlinux, for this version of freebsd, I would do it until the end, I promise it to you.....

I hope that you is well Well with you

MM

then for postfix:

It is necessary to establish a link on /etc/postfix

Here....;)

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi Misterm,

as falko posted above, FreeBSD is not the same as linux. Even if you can install ISPConfig, it will not work on FreeBSD without writing some new libraries for Quota and Usermanangement, Firewall etc. This port can not be done without very good FreeBSD, PHP scripting and ISPConfig knowledge.

8. fireblade

fireblade New Member

FreeBSD (linux compatibility)

Hi Till,

Hey don't suppose you could provide a list of the modules within ISPConfig that would / will need to be re-written & an estimate on the time needed?

I MAY be able to get a re-write done for FreeBSD.

There also is another option. FreeBSD includes linux binary compatibilty & also has a FedoraCore linux base port which can be installed to allow linux apps designed/built for RedHat / FedoraCore systems to execute/work on a FreeBSD system. Cool eh :cool:

Thanks,

Fireblade

9. till

I dont have a exact list. Here is a small list of files and regions where I expect that changes are nescessary:

1) The installer needs some code for detecting the correct FreeBSD version. It is written in shell script. The file are setup and setup2

2) A section for 5.x freebsd must be added to dist.txt file, there are laready sections for the older 4.x series.

3) The firewall script must be changed as it uses iptables.

This would be great.

ISPConfig compiles the binaries from source, I dont expect problems with freebsd in this area, so the binary compatibility is most likely not nescessary.

Maybe this helps. But does if it does not enable e.g. iptables in FreeBSD and make all file pathes compatible with fedora, it wont help in many areas.

10. FreeBSD Forums

FreeBSD Forums New Member

FreeBSD ISPConfig 2 install on FreeBSD 5.1

Hello,
    This post is a bit late but we have tried installing ISPConfig on FreeBSD 7.X with no success. It looks like the Apache 1.3 that ISPConfig uses has some issues with FreeBSD. If you want ISPConfig to work then you can install FreeBSD 5.1 and it should work with a few slight modifications.

Hope this helps

James

11. till

Also you might want to give ispconfig 3 a try. It has no installer for freebsd but it does not compile any applications like ispconfig 2 does.