Fresh install from auto-install after lot of mails bugs

Discussion in 'General' started by kameleon1er, Jun 22, 2022.

1. kameleon1er

kameleon1er Member

Hi guys
    Despite all my research over the last 4 days, it is still impossible to get a stable mail server. Some mails get through, then it blocks again (Thunderbird > impossible to connect to the server, or incorrect data...)
    All these problems occurred after an upgrade from isp to the latest version, and from debian.

All the websites work well, but all the mails are a disaster (except with roundcube which works well). But I have too many mailboxes to use only the webmail.

I'm tired of searching, I don't have the level yet. And most of all, I don't have the time right now.
    My question is simple; can I go back to the automatic installation?

I prefer to reconfigure everything.
    I guess I risk losing my emails?

Thanks

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The automatic installer is intended to be used on a fresh OS install, so you could fire up a new vps and use that to install the initial system and then move your data over, but at this time the auto install script doesn't run on an already installed system. You can of course use the updater to reconfigure services (ispconfig_update.sh --force), but apart from acme.sh it won't install any software for you.
    You could install a new system and move your data over to that before decommissioning your old server. Or even backup the email files if that's all you're concerned about, and restore those after you have recreated your email accounts on the reinstalled server.

3. kameleon1er

kameleon1er Member

At the moment when all was lost, when I had been walking on my eyes for 2 days, 50 terminal tabs, 250 browser tabs... In a last effort, I tried a last modification...

And... and... my sweet IspConf finally stopped spitting errors in my face :p

I hope it will last until tomorrow…:rolleyes:

Modify from a internet thread https://www.howtoforge.com/postfix-...oth-mydestination-and-virtual_mailbox_domains:
    Code:
    #mydestination = srv-b.democrasite.com, localhost.localdomain, localhost, democrasite.com, kameleon.fr, opaz-ateliers.com, cobaltateliers.com, lucifart.com
    mydestination =
    Code:
    #debug myself  22 juin 2022
    local_recipient_maps =
    Code:
    #From Nab bug postfix 22Juin2022:
    #proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $sender_bcc_maps $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_$
    proxy_read_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_sender-relayauth.cf $sender_dependent_relayhost_maps $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps $vi$
    and :
    Code:
    # Modif form me June22 2022
    #sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relaymap
    #Original :
    #sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_sender-relayhost.cf
    + dpkg reconfigure postfix … restart… :rolleyes: I recieve and I send mails.

Thanks guys