Fresh Install ISPConfig on Centos 7.3 - Broken Postfix and Dovecot

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by deunan, Jan 11, 2017.

1. deunan

deunan New Member

Hello all

My installation was based on the tutorial for Centos 7.2 here

I noticed that Postfix while it starts, telneting to port 25, it is accessible, but SMTP Banner is missing. Also logs at /var/log/maillog shows error "SASL: Connect to private/auth failed: No such file or directory" by postfix.

I fix this by following the instructions by easyorange in the comment section here -

chown postfix:postfix /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
    chmod 666 /var/spool/postfix/private/auth

edit - /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-master.conf and set it as below -
    unix_listener auth-userdb {
    mode = 0666
    user = postfix
    group = postfix
    }

# Postfix smtp-auth
    unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/auth {
    mode = 0666
    }

Restart dovecot for effect -
    /etc/init.d/dovecot restart

While the above fixes SMTP service, dovecot IMAP and I assume POP# as well is also broken (I am testing IMAP only at that time)

I am having this issue - After creating a mailbox user, I am unable to access the mailbox in question. The username was correct - full email address - and no typos in the password.

I enabled the debug logging for dovecot in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf, specifically auth_debug and mail_debug. What I noticed is that there's a lack of logs showing doveot accessing the dbispconfig in the mysql db. Not even a sql query but the error message was Unknown User.

dovecot -n shows userdb's driver as passwd and passdb's driver as pam. Other resources mentions dovecot accessing the mysql db directly.

Anyway, I fix it by modifying th file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-sql.conf.ext
    passdb {
    driver = sql
    args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
    }
    userdb {
    driver = sql
    args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
    }

A restart dovecot to refresh its config, Roundcube mail works now..

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The files /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-master.conf and /etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-sql.conf.ext are not used on an ISPConfig server, if your server uses these files then the system is not installed correctly as the config files and settinsg from ISPConfig are not present on your system then. ISPConfig is using a monolithic dovecot.conf file without any includes.

You should download ispconfig again, unpack the tar.gz and run the update.php script in the install folder. Choose yes when the updater asks you to reconfigure services.