fresh install the perfect server + ssl cert

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Tom John, May 20, 2022.

1. Tom John

Tom John Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

HI guys,
    i am using ubuntu 20.04 according to :
    https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/
    When i want to access server.myserver.com/phpmyadmin after the fresh installation there is no valid SSL cert. for phpmyadmin.
    The solution was to setup a webside in ISPConfig with the name of the server server.myserver.com, and then phpmyadmin has a valid SSL cert.
    But Till told me last time in another thread which is here:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/lets-encrypt-cert-expires.88949/
    Till: The installer does not create a site for the hostname, so you must have created it manually. The problem with having such a site is that SSL cert renewals for the ISPConfig UI and mail and FTP will not work properly anymore acme.sh can't copy the certs to the ISPConfig SSL folder anymore. So you have a valid and renewd SSL cert at the moment, but it's in the wrong folder (the SSL folder of that website) and not the ISPConfig SSL folder /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/

So i am a bit confused, if i setup a website with the servername i have access to phpmyadmin, but the letsencrypt cert will be in the wrong folder and i get problems when renovating the letsencrypt cert.
    If i dont setup the servername in ISPConfig i not have access to phpmyadmin.

Maybe i understood something wrong and it would be nice if you could help me how would be the perfect setup for a new fresh serverinstall, put servername as a website in ISPConfig or better not to do it and then how to solve the phpmyadmin problem.
    Thanks a lot for your kind help and thanks for your pacients

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

The installer can attempt to setup a certificate for the hostname, did that fail? Or do you mean there is no vhost setup with that name? Try phpmyadmin on port 8080 or 8081.

3. Tom John

Tom John Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

hi there,
    thanks for your answer.
    if i use: servername:8080/phpmyadmin it works perfectly.
    So the certificate is good i only need to access with servername:8080/phpmyadmin and not servername/phpmyadmin
    easy solution so thanks a lot for that
    you guys are doing a really good work always thanks a lot and keep going

Th0m likes this.