Fresh install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mrbronz, Apr 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbronz

mrbronz Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi guys

Just installing ispc3 on a fresh install using the install scripts.

I am getting an error

Code:
    [ERROR] Exception occured: ISPConfigOSException -> Installing packages failed. (/ispconfig.ai.php:15)
    What package failed to install and why.
    Will I have to do another fresh install of Debian 10.90 again and if so how do I correct the error before I start the error

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Can you share some more of the log?

3. mrbronz

which one?

I have managed to manually install ISPC3 but had to change the root password from what the script set it to!
    Thought it might be a problem with the script so just mentioned it here

[Edit]
    Sorry Th0m just realised what you meant by sharing some more of the log.... What you see is all I am given on the command line after the fail, so I don't know what log file this is coming from

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  4. Th0m

What's shown before this error is thrown?

You should not use a system that was halfly set up with the AI.

5. mrbronz

Hi Th0m
    As you can see from the initial post it was a fresh install of Debian 10.90. I used the following install code
    Code:
    wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --use-ftp-ports=40110-40210 --unattended-upgrades
    According to the script documentation/help, this should have installed "a 'Perfect Server' like setup". I removed the Nginx reference because I want the Apache webserver.

I think the problem was that the SQL root password that is created in the script was not carried over when it came to installing ISPC3.
    Unfortunately, I did not make a note of what the exact command was before the error, but it was to do with installing ISPC3
    The only other thing I changed before I began the set up was to install keys for my ssh accesses.

I am willing to start again if it will help us understand what went wrong.

Please let me know if you would like me to do a fresh install before I do anything else

6. mrbronz

OK I have done another clean install

I installed Debian 10.90 with only ssh and base components

I then ran the following command

Code:
    wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --use-ftp-ports=40
    and got the following output

Code:
    110-40210 --unattended-upgrades
    --2021-04-19 11:46:45--  https://get.ispconfig.org/
    Resolving get.ispconfig.org (get.ispconfig.org)... 104.26.11.246, 104.26.10.246,                                                                                              172.67.75.112, ...
    Connecting to get.ispconfig.org (get.ispconfig.org)|104.26.11.246|:443... connec                                                                                             ted.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 2004 (2.0K) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: ‘STDOUT’

-                   100%[===================>]   1.96K  --.-KB/s    in 0s

2021-04-19 11:46:45 (7.09 MB/s) - written to stdout [2004/2004]

PHP cli missing, trying to install.
    Selecting previously unselected package libsodium23:i386.
    (Reading database ... 27540 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../0-libsodium23_1.0.17-1_i386.deb ...
    Unpacking libsodium23:i386 (1.0.17-1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package psmisc.
    Preparing to unpack .../1-psmisc_23.2-1_i386.deb ...
    Unpacking psmisc (23.2-1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package php-common.
    Preparing to unpack .../2-php-common_2%3a69_all.deb ...
    Unpacking php-common (2:69) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package php7.3-common.
    Preparing to unpack .../3-php7.3-common_7.3.27-1~deb10u1_i386.deb ...
    Unpacking php7.3-common (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package php7.3-json.
    Preparing to unpack .../4-php7.3-json_7.3.27-1~deb10u1_i386.deb ...
    Unpacking php7.3-json (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package php7.3-opcache.
    Preparing to unpack .../5-php7.3-opcache_7.3.27-1~deb10u1_i386.deb ...
    Unpacking php7.3-opcache (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package php7.3-readline.
    Preparing to unpack .../6-php7.3-readline_7.3.27-1~deb10u1_i386.deb ...
    Unpacking php7.3-readline (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package php7.3-cli.
    Preparing to unpack .../7-php7.3-cli_7.3.27-1~deb10u1_i386.deb ...
    Unpacking php7.3-cli (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package php-cli.
    Preparing to unpack .../8-php-cli_2%3a7.3+69_all.deb ...
    Unpacking php-cli (2:7.3+69) ...
    Setting up libsodium23:i386 (1.0.17-1) ...
    Setting up psmisc (23.2-1) ...
    Setting up php-common (2:69) ...
    Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/timers.target.wants/phpsessionclean.timer → /lib/systemd/system/phpsessionclean.timer.
    Setting up php7.3-common (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/calendar.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/ctype.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/exif.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/fileinfo.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/ftp.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/gettext.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/iconv.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/pdo.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/phar.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/posix.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/shmop.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/sockets.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/sysvmsg.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/sysvsem.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/sysvshm.ini with new version

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/tokenizer.ini with new version
    Setting up php7.3-opcache (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/opcache.ini with new version
    Setting up php7.3-json (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/json.ini with new version
    Setting up php7.3-readline (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/readline.ini with new version
    Setting up php7.3-cli (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...
    update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/php7.3 to provide /usr/bin/php (php) in auto mode
    update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/phar7.3 to provide /usr/bin/phar (phar) in auto mode
    update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/phar.phar7.3 to provide /usr/bin/phar.phar (phar.phar) in auto mode

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/cli/php.ini with new version
    Setting up php-cli (2:7.3+69) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
    Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package php7.3-mbstring.
    (Reading database ... 27723 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../php7.3-mbstring_7.3.27-1~deb10u1_i386.deb ...
    Unpacking php7.3-mbstring (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package php-mbstring.
    Preparing to unpack .../php-mbstring_2%3a7.3+69_all.deb ...
    Unpacking php-mbstring (2:7.3+69) ...
    Setting up php7.3-mbstring (7.3.27-1~deb10u1) ...

Creating config file /etc/php/7.3/mods-available/mbstring.ini with new version
    Setting up php-mbstring (2:7.3+69) ...
    WARNING! This script will reconfigure your complete server!
    It should be run on a freshly installed server and all current configuration that you have done will most likely be lost!

On request i entered "yes"

Code:
    Type 'yes' if you really want to continue: yes
    [INFO] Starting perfect server setup for Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    [INFO] Checking hostname.
    [INFO] Enabling contrib and non-free repositories.
    [INFO] Updating packages
    [INFO] Updated packages
    [INFO] Installing packages ssh, openssh-server, nano, vim-nox, lsb-release, apt-transport-https, ca-certificates, wget, git, gnupg, ntp
    [INFO] Installed packages ssh, openssh-server, nano, vim-nox, lsb-release, apt-transport-https, ca-certificates, wget, git, gnupg, ntp
    [INFO] Activating rspamd repository.
    [INFO] Activating sury php repository.
    [INFO] Activating GoAccess repository.
    [INFO] Updating packages (after enabling 3rd party repos).
    [INFO] Updated packages
    [INFO] Default shell is currently dash.
    [INFO] Setting bash as default shell.
    [INFO] Default shell is now bash.
    [INFO] Installing packages dbconfig-common, postfix, postfix-mysql, postfix-doc, mariadb-client, mariadb-server, openssl, getmail4, rkhunter, binutils, sudo
    [INFO] Installed packages dbconfig-common, postfix, postfix-mysql, postfix-doc, mariadb-client, mariadb-server, openssl, getmail4, rkhunter, binutils, sudo
    [INFO] Installing packages dovecot-imapd, dovecot-pop3d, dovecot-mysql, dovecot-sieve, dovecot-managesieved, dovecot-lmtpd
    [INFO] Installed packages dovecot-imapd, dovecot-pop3d, dovecot-mysql, dovecot-sieve, dovecot-managesieved, dovecot-lmtpd
    [INFO] Generating mySQL password.
    [INFO] Writing MySQL config files.
    [INFO] Configuring postfix.
    [INFO] Restarting postfix
    [INFO] Installing packages dnsutils, resolvconf, clamav, clamav-daemon, clamav-docs, zip, unzip, bzip2, xz-utils, lzip, rar, arj, nomarch, lzop, cabextract, apt-listchanges, libnet-ldap-perl, libauthen-sasl-perl, daemon, libio-string-perl, libio-socket-ssl-perl, libnet-ident-perl, libnet-dns-perl, libdbd-mysql-perl, bind9, spamassassin, rspamd, redis-server, postgrey, p7zip, p7zip-full, unrar-free, lrzip
    [INFO] Installed packages dnsutils, resolvconf, clamav, clamav-daemon, clamav-docs, zip, unzip, bzip2, xz-utils, lzip, rar, arj, nomarch, lzop, cabextract, apt-listchanges, libnet-ldap-perl, libauthen-sasl-perl, daemon, libio-string-perl, libio-socket-ssl-perl, libnet-ident-perl, libnet-dns-perl, libdbd-mysql-perl, bind9, spamassassin, rspamd, redis-server, postgrey, p7zip, p7zip-full, unrar-free, lrzip
    [INFO] Stopping Rspamd.
    [INFO] (Re)starting Bind.
    [INFO] Disabling spamassassin daemon.
    [INFO] Checking local dns resolver.
    [INFO] Installing packages apache2, apache2-doc, apache2-utils, libapache2-mod-fcgid, apache2-suexec-pristine, libapache2-mod-python, libapache2-mod-passenger
    [INFO] Installed packages apache2, apache2-doc, apache2-utils, libapache2-mod-fcgid, apache2-suexec-pristine, libapache2-mod-python, libapache2-mod-passenger
    [INFO] Installing packages php-pear, php-memcache, php-imagick, php-gettext, mcrypt, imagemagick, libruby, memcached, php-apcu, php5.6, php5.6-common, php5.6-gd, php5.6-mysql, php5.6-imap, php5.6-cli, php5.6-mcrypt, php5.6-curl, php5.6-intl, php5.6-pspell, php5.6-recode, php5.6-sqlite3, php5.6-tidy, php5.6-xmlrpc, php5.6-xsl, php5.6-zip, php5.6-mbstring, php5.6-soap, php5.6-opcache, php5.6-cgi, php5.6-fpm, php7.0, php7.0-common, php7.0-gd, php7.0-mysql, php7.0-imap, php7.0-cli, php7.0-mcrypt, php7.0-curl, php7.0-intl, php7.0-pspell, php7.0-recode, php7.0-sqlite3, php7.0-tidy, php7.0-xmlrpc, php7.0-xsl, php7.0-zip, php7.0-mbstring, php7.0-soap, php7.0-opcache, php7.0-cgi, php7.0-fpm, php7.1, php7.1-common, php7.1-gd, php7.1-mysql, php7.1-imap, php7.1-cli, php7.1-mcrypt, php7.1-curl, php7.1-intl, php7.1-pspell, php7.1-recode, php7.1-sqlite3, php7.1-tidy, php7.1-xmlrpc, php7.1-xsl, php7.1-zip, php7.1-mbstring, php7.1-soap, php7.1-opcache, php7.1-cgi, php7.1-fpm, php7.2, php7.2-common, php7.2-gd, php7.2-mysql, php7.2-imap, php7.2-cli, php7.2-curl, php7.2-intl, php7.2-pspell, php7.2-recode, php7.2-sqlite3, php7.2-tidy, php7.2-xmlrpc, php7.2-xsl, php7.2-zip, php7.2-mbstring, php7.2-soap, php7.2-opcache, php7.2-cgi, php7.2-fpm, php7.3, php7.3-common, php7.3-gd, php7.3-mysql, php7.3-imap, php7.3-cli, php7.3-curl, php7.3-intl, php7.3-pspell, php7.3-recode, php7.3-sqlite3, php7.3-tidy, php7.3-xmlrpc, php7.3-xsl, php7.3-zip, php7.3-mbstring, php7.3-soap, php7.3-opcache, php7.3-cgi, php7.3-fpm, php7.4, php7.4-common, php7.4-gd, php7.4-mysql, php7.4-imap, php7.4-cli, php7.4-curl, php7.4-intl, php7.4-pspell, php7.4-sqlite3, php7.4-tidy, php7.4-xmlrpc, php7.4-xsl, php7.4-zip, php7.4-mbstring, php7.4-soap, php7.4-opcache, php7.4-cgi, php7.4-fpm, php8.0, php8.0-common, php8.0-gd, php8.0-mysql, php8.0-imap, php8.0-cli, php8.0-curl, php8.0-intl, php8.0-pspell, php8.0-sqlite3, php8.0-tidy, php8.0-xsl, php8.0-zip, php8.0-mbstring, php8.0-soap, php8.0-opcache, php8.0-cgi, php8.0-fpm
    [INFO] Installed packages php-pear, php-memcache, php-imagick, php-gettext, mcrypt, imagemagick, libruby, memcached, php-apcu, php5.6, php5.6-common, php5.6-gd, php5.6-mysql, php5.6-imap, php5.6-cli, php5.6-mcrypt, php5.6-curl, php5.6-intl, php5.6-pspell, php5.6-recode, php5.6-sqlite3, php5.6-tidy, php5.6-xmlrpc, php5.6-xsl, php5.6-zip, php5.6-mbstring, php5.6-soap, php5.6-opcache, php5.6-cgi, php5.6-fpm, php7.0, php7.0-common, php7.0-gd, php7.0-mysql, php7.0-imap, php7.0-cli, php7.0-mcrypt, php7.0-curl, php7.0-intl, php7.0-pspell, php7.0-recode, php7.0-sqlite3, php7.0-tidy, php7.0-xmlrpc, php7.0-xsl, php7.0-zip, php7.0-mbstring, php7.0-soap, php7.0-opcache, php7.0-cgi, php7.0-fpm, php7.1, php7.1-common, php7.1-gd, php7.1-mysql, php7.1-imap, php7.1-cli, php7.1-mcrypt, php7.1-curl, php7.1-intl, php7.1-pspell, php7.1-recode, php7.1-sqlite3, php7.1-tidy, php7.1-xmlrpc, php7.1-xsl, php7.1-zip, php7.1-mbstring, php7.1-soap, php7.1-opcache, php7.1-cgi, php7.1-fpm, php7.2, php7.2-common, php7.2-gd, php7.2-mysql, php7.2-imap, php7.2-cli, php7.2-curl, php7.2-intl, php7.2-pspell, php7.2-recode, php7.2-sqlite3, php7.2-tidy, php7.2-xmlrpc, php7.2-xsl, php7.2-zip, php7.2-mbstring, php7.2-soap, php7.2-opcache, php7.2-cgi, php7.2-fpm, php7.3, php7.3-common, php7.3-gd, php7.3-mysql, php7.3-imap, php7.3-cli, php7.3-curl, php7.3-intl, php7.3-pspell, php7.3-recode, php7.3-sqlite3, php7.3-tidy, php7.3-xmlrpc, php7.3-xsl, php7.3-zip, php7.3-mbstring, php7.3-soap, php7.3-opcache, php7.3-cgi, php7.3-fpm, php7.4, php7.4-common, php7.4-gd, php7.4-mysql, php7.4-imap, php7.4-cli, php7.4-curl, php7.4-intl, php7.4-pspell, php7.4-sqlite3, php7.4-tidy, php7.4-xmlrpc, php7.4-xsl, php7.4-zip, php7.4-mbstring, php7.4-soap, php7.4-opcache, php7.4-cgi, php7.4-fpm, php8.0, php8.0-common, php8.0-gd, php8.0-mysql, php8.0-imap, php8.0-cli, php8.0-curl, php8.0-intl, php8.0-pspell, php8.0-sqlite3, php8.0-tidy, php8.0-xsl, php8.0-zip, php8.0-mbstring, php8.0-soap, php8.0-opcache, php8.0-cgi, php8.0-fpm
    [INFO] Disabling conflicting apache modules.
    [INFO] Enabling apache modules.
    [INFO] Enabling default PHP-FPM config.
    [INFO] Setting default system php version.
    [INFO] Installing package phpmyadmin
    [INFO] HTTPoxy config.
    [INFO] Installing acme.sh (Let's Encrypt).
    [INFO] acme.sh (Let's Encrypt) installed.
    [INFO] Installing Mailman
    [INFO] Installing packages mailman
    [INFO] Installed packages mailman
    [INFO] Installing packages quota, quotatool, haveged, geoip-database, libclass-dbi-mysql-perl, libtimedate-perl, build-essential, autoconf, automake, libtool, flex, bison, debhelper, binutils
    [INFO] Installed packages quota, quotatool, haveged, geoip-database, libclass-dbi-mysql-perl, libtimedate-perl, build-essential, autoconf, automake, libtool, flex, bison, debhelper, binutils
    [INFO] Adding quota to fstab.
    [INFO] Installing packages pure-ftpd-common, pure-ftpd-mysql, webalizer, awstats, goaccess
    [INFO] Installed packages pure-ftpd-common, pure-ftpd-mysql, webalizer, awstats, goaccess
    [INFO] Enabling TLS for pureftpd
    [INFO] Disabling awstats cron.
    [INFO] Installing packages fail2ban, ufw
    [INFO] Installed packages fail2ban, ufw
    [INFO] Installing UnattendedUpgrades
    [INFO] Installing packages unattended-upgrades, apt-listchanges
    [INFO] Installed packages unattended-upgrades, apt-listchanges
    [INFO] Activating Buster Backports repository.
    [INFO] Installing roundcube.
    [INFO] Installing packages roundcube/buster-backports, roundcube-core/buster-backports, roundcube-mysql/buster-backports, roundcube-plugins/buster-backports
    [ERROR] Exception occured: ISPConfigOSException -> Installing packages failed. (/ispconfig.ai.php:15)
    :~#

As you can see I got the same error, it looks like the only thing the script did not do was install ISPC3.

I have found the location of the log files for the install /tmp/ispconfig-ai/var/log, but the logs don't tell you any more than is listed here

7. mrbronz

It's ok this script was giving me so many problems I went back to installing manually from the howto guide

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I've used the script a few days ago on Debian 10, it worked flawlessly for me.

9. mrbronz

What can I say Till?

You can see what I have done above. The only thing that I could have possibly done wrong is the command to initialise the script, but as far as I am aware what I typed is correct.

10. till

The most likely reason is some kind of incompatibility of the base system with that script or there is some kind of temporary issue with the RoundCube buster backports packages.

11. Th0m

I asked you earlier for more log lines. Now we can see the problem is when installing Roundcube. After the installer stops, what is the output of
    Code:
    apt install roundcube/buster-backports roundcube-core/buster-backports roundcube-mysql/buster-backports,roundcube-plugins/buster-backports

12. mrbronz

Hi Th0m

I thought that's what I did at #6

the output after issuing the install
    Code:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package roundcube-mysql/buster-backports,roundcube-plugins

I have also manually apt update and got the following
    Code:
    apt-get update
    Hit:1 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease
    Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
    Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease
    Hit:5 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports InRelease
    Hit:6 https://packages.sury.org/php buster InRelease
    Hit:3 https://rspamd.com/apt-stable buster InRelease
    Hit:7 https://deb.goaccess.io buster InRelease
    N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'http://rspamd.com/apt-stable buster InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:2
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:2
    W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_GB) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:2
    W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:2
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:2
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:2
    W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_GB) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:2
    W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/goaccess.list:2
    I then ran apt upgrade
    Code:
     apt-get upgrade
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    The following packages will be upgraded:
      jailkit
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 68.0 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 21.5 kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
    Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports/main i386 jailkit i386 2.21-2~bpo10+1 [68.0 kB]
    Fetched 68.0 kB in 0s (476 kB/s)
    Reading changelogs... Done

(Reading database ... 65833 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../jailkit_2.21-2~bpo10+1_i386.deb ...
    Unpacking jailkit (2.21-2~bpo10+1) over (2.20-1) ...
    Setting up jailkit (2.21-2~bpo10+1) ...

Configuration file '/etc/jailkit/jk_init.ini'
     ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
     ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
       What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
        Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
        N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
          D     : show the differences between the versions
          Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
     The default action is to keep your current version.
    *** jk_init.ini (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...

13. mrbronz

Just noticed this line

Code:
    N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'http://rspamd.com/apt-stable buster InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'
    I guess that could be the problem

14. Th0m

That's no problem. I guess what's missing is a function to update the packages after the Buster Backports repo is added. I will discuss it with Marius.

15. till

I'm not able to reproduce your problem. I've just set up a small cloud VM at hetzner with Debian 10 and run the auto installer, it works there.

Code:
    [INFO] Installing packages pure-ftpd-common, pure-ftpd-mysql, webalizer, awstats, goaccess
    [INFO] Installed packages pure-ftpd-common, pure-ftpd-mysql, webalizer, awstats, goaccess
    [INFO] Enabling TLS for pureftpd
    [INFO] Disabling awstats cron.
    [INFO] Installing packages fail2ban, ufw
    [INFO] Installed packages fail2ban, ufw
    [INFO] Installing UnattendedUpgrades
    [INFO] Installing packages unattended-upgrades, apt-listchanges
    [INFO] Installing packages roundcube/buster-backports, roundcube-core/buster-backports, roundcube-mysql/buster-backports, roundcube-plugins/buster-backports
    [INFO] Installed packages roundcube/buster-backports, roundcube-core/buster-backports, roundcube-mysql/buster-backports, roundcube-plugins/buster-backports
    [INFO] Installing ISPConfig3.
    [INFO] Adding php versions to ISPConfig.
    [INFO] Checking all services are running.
    [INFO] mysql: OK
    [INFO] clamav-daemon: OK
    [INFO] postfix: OK
    [INFO] bind9: OK
    [INFO] pureftpd: OK
    [INFO] apache2: OK
    [INFO] rspamd: OK
    [INFO] redis-server: OK
    [INFO] dovecot: OK
    [INFO] Installation ready.
    I've used the command:

Code:
    wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --use-ftp-ports=40110-40210 --unattended-upgrades
    I did not configure anything in the OS before running the autoinstaller.

16. mrbronz

So what's going on?

I tried with an i386 install of Debian 10 and a AMD64 of debian 10. and I'm still getting

Code:
    [INFO] Installing packages roundcube/buster-backports, roundcube-core/buster-bac                                                                                                                                                             kports, roundcube-mysql/buster-backports, roundcube-plugins/buster-backports
    [ERROR] Exception occured: ISPConfigOSException -> Installing packages failed. (                                                                                                                                                             /ispconfig.ai.php:15)

What else can I do?

17. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think it is either the installer or the OS doesn't fully support 32 bit but you still using that machine for your server.

If the installer does work on both 64 and 32 bit machine, my best bet is try to use an OS version that supports 32 bit fully.

In any event, IMHO 32 bit machine is too old to be a good server nowadays.

18. till

32bit is normally not used anymore today, do not install a 32Bit OS, use 64bit. The installer has not been tested on 32bit systems and there are no plans to support or even test this old architecture.

19. till

Run the installation with --debug flag, this should produce a detailed log file which you then can attach to this thread so we can check it. And please describe which exact base image do you use, how did you install the base image so we can get an idea of what's wrong.

20. Th0m

Please run it from this dev branch, it is the same as the current code except I added a line to update the package list.
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    git clone https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig-autoinstaller.git
    cd ispconfig-autoinstaller
    git checkout 49-package-list-not-updated-after-adding-buster-backports-repo-on-debian-10
    ./ispc3-ai.sh --debug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.