Frontend load for ever

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by melwood, Oct 12, 2009.

1. melwood

melwood New Member

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try to restart apache. also post the output of the command:

uptime

3. melwood

melwood New Member

Here is the output of uptime:

Code:
     08:43:44 up 10:04,  1 user,  load average: 0.16, 0.06, 0.02
    It testet a little more and I have no problem getting the login screen of phpMyAdmin and SquirrelMail....

melwood

PS: Restarting apache or even the whole server didn't help.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  4. damir

damir New Member

Have you tried with another browser, like Internet Explorer, Safari or Chrome

5. melwood

melwood New Member

Yes, I tried IE 8 and Firefox 3.5, same result...

Michael

6. till

Then there is most likely a problem with your dns. Please make sure that the hostname of your server exists in dns and that you can ping it from your workstation and server.

7. melwood

melwood New Member

DNS is working, but ther server has internally another IP address than externally, which should be correct. It is a vitual server and the addresse are translated by NAT. Can this be a problem?

Michael

8. melwood

melwood New Member

Just to show that something is loading, here is a screenshot from firebug. As you can see, the browser is loading parts of the page, but than nothing more is happening...

Michael

Attached Files:

9. melwood

melwood New Member

Still no luck solving the problem.

The Server is a virtual Server sitting behind a firwall with NAT. Could this be a problem in any way?

What open ports beside 8080 does the ISPConfig frontend need?

Could NAT be a problem? In the install process i used the internal ip address...

melwood

10. till

ISPConfig interface needs only the port that you specified during install, by default it is 8080. In a NAT enviroment it is correct to use the internal IP during setup.

Please try to access ispconfig over this internal IP address instead of the domain name.