FTP 553 Permissions Errors

Discussion in 'General' started by bjtrammell, Feb 17, 2016.

1. bjtrammell

bjtrammell New Member

So I am logged in as the administrator. I create an FTP account for a sub-domain, and I am getting a 553 error.
    I haven't created any clients, (i'm not sure if that would matter but I'll explain in a second).
    I have 3 other FTP users for sub-domains and they seem to work fine, but I can not seem to change any files with this new account.
    Is there a propagation period or something?
    I can change the file's source using WINSCP, and using Putty, but not with Filezilla, or Microsoft Expression Web or Dreamweaver....anyone have any ideas?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

WINSCP/Putty would use SFTP, ie. over an SSH connection/account, while the others use FTP. You sure you created an FTP account, not an SSH account?

3. bjtrammell

bjtrammell New Member

Excuse me for my brashness, but I am by no means a noob when it comes to linux. I am 1 million percent sure, I created an FTP user in the ISPConfig3 Control Panel.

Sites > FTP Accounts > Add New FTP-Account

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No problem, and I don't know what is actually causing your problem there, just checking the basics.

bjtrammell likes this.
  5. bjtrammell

bjtrammell New Member

-- I resolved this issue.
    It turned out to be an issue with file permissions. For some reasons the files in the web root were assigned to the root users, rather than the web user. This thread can now be closed.