ftp access not working

Discussion in 'General' started by pattyjay, Jul 17, 2008.

1. pattyjay

pattyjay New Member

gday,

i am trying to access the ftp server at ftp://192.168.0.100, i get prompted with the username / password,

when i enter the credentials it says bad username password, but if i login as a client into ispconfig and use webftp and enter the same credentials it allows the login, is there something i am doing wrong...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which Linux distribution do you use?

3. pattyjay

pattyjay New Member

fedora core 9 (sulphur)

so strange as it allows be to browse and upload / delete in webftp, but not normal ftp-ing....

4. till

Please open the proftpd.conf file (in /etc/) and comment out the include for the proftpd_ispconfig.conf file. then restart proftpd.

5. pattyjay

pattyjay New Member

thanks heaps for that, worked a charm.. could you please explain what was going wrong and why it was doin that?

6. till

I'am not sure what causes the problem. Fedora is the only linux distribution that does not allow different virtual proftpd server settings per IP as ispconfig sets them up. By removing the ispconfig include, you have just one main proftpd server setting. The only drawback is that you now have just one Anonymous FTP account for the server and not one anon FTP per IP.