FTP access to roundcube pkg install directories

Discussion in 'General' started by dancn, Jul 26, 2007.

1. dancn

dancn New Member

I've installed roundcube using the pkg file from ispconfig.org/downloads.htm - which is excellent by the way.

I can't seem to ftp to this location in order to customize my roundcube installation (skins,logo, etc). I can of course telnet there using SU.

Is there a user created for this purpose? or will I have to create a linux user for this purpose and enable in proftp (and how)? or can I give permissions to an existing user? or do I use the admispconfig user (I'm unaware of the password)?

I realize I can install roundcube independently on each of my websites and be able to access each one easily using FTP, but I wanted to avoid this if possible and just be able to edit files via ftp in the base roundcube (pkg installation) directory.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no FTP user to login to these directories as it is not intended to login there. These are internal directories of ISPConfig and not a client website.

Just login with SSH and either modify the files on the shell or login as root user with SCP and modify the files with e.g. winscp.

3. ethanlifka

ethanlifka New Member

admispconfig password

I would like to know if admispconfig has a password enabled and what is it. Is it safe to change the password and enable it. I would like to edit the templates that ISPC uses and would like to use FTP. I don't wont to ssh all my changes.

thanks

4. JeGr

JeGr Member

Then I would recommend you use SFTP for that to upload your changes. Me for myself wouldn't let the admispconfig user allow to login with a password (neither via ftp or shell), as this could be a bad security issue. And WinSCP (for SCP or SFTP usage) isn't really that hard to handle compared to some commonly used FTP programs

5. ethanlifka

ethanlifka New Member

Changed admispconfig password

Thanks for the feedback, but I already changed the password for admispconfig and so far no issues. I have created sites, created clients, stopped and started services, and none with any issues. As far as a security risk as long as you password is complex I don't see the issue with that, but if you have a different opinion then can you give an explination. I figure if I allow for root to login ssh then having another account able to login isn't any different. However I will be changing the account to no login when I am not needing it to.