FTP access to subdirectory

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Numerizen, May 16, 2011.

1. Numerizen

Numerizen Member

Hi all. Still using ISPConfig 2 and enjoying it ! I'll upgrade to 3 someday, but time lacks.

I need a feature I'm not sure 2 is able to achieve though.

One of my users (a Drupal website themer) needs to access a subdirectory in the main /web directory, and I can't find a way to make it work.

Creating a new user doesn't help : it creates a personal directory in /users which is of no use to me. I tried some symlinks to the main /web/something/ to no avail (which is great for security by the way).

I use the admin account to develop in the main web directory, and I'm of course reluctant to give this user full access to the whole stuff in there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'll probably need this feature more and more in the future.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 2 does not have such a feature. I'm afraid you will have to create that user manually.

3. Numerizen

Numerizen Member

Well, that's life.

Any hint on how I could modify a regular ISPconfig user to achieve this goal ? Just for keeping some kind of consistency with the others ?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can try to change his home directory in the /etc/passwd file. But keep in mind that ISPConfig will overwrite your changes when you create/modify/delete a user through ISPConfig.