FTP and the wrong directories

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tini, Apr 22, 2008.

1. tini

tini New Member

So, yesterday I went ahead to isntall a new IspConfig box.

By the way, I installed Ubuntu 8.04 RC following the guide "The Perfect Server - Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (Ubuntu 7.10)" by Falko Timme located at http://howtoforge.com/perfect_server_ubuntu7.10

Everything is working fine, except one thing concerning the user's FTP-directory and its corresponing (web)site-directory.

In IspConfig I setup a new site "mydomain.com" and a user "web1_user".

When the usere logs in via FTP, he automatically gets into "/var/www/web14/user/web14_user/" where he finds two folders "Maildir" and "web".

So the user stores its files in "/var/www/web14/user/web14_user/web/" and here comes the problem: Apache loads the files from "/var/www/web14/web/" instead of the above directory.

Now there a some posibilities:
    Manually create a link from "/var/www/web14/user/web14_user/web/" to "/var/www/web14/web/" (not tested). But this is annoying because it has to be done for every new site.

Change somehow somewhat in IspConfig so that the user gets logged in to the directory that is laoded by Apache.

Change somehow somewhat in IspConfig so that Apache loads the files from the directory the user gets in when connecting via FTP.

Has anyone the same problem or a solution for this?

Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. tini

tini New Member

Thank you very much for your answer.
    I've read your guide before but completely missed the part about this little checkbox.

Thank you very much...