FTP connection Problem (wrong user-table)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Bloedi, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Bloedi

Bloedi New Member

It seems that my Pure-FTPd tries to read the user data not from the table ftp_user.

Here is a little log:

Oct 15 13:19:31 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from auriga.webchance-net.de
    Oct 15 13:19:31 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [DEBUG] Command [user] [web1_paddy]
    Oct 15 13:19:31 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [DEBUG] Command [pass] [<*>]
    Oct 15 13:19:32 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [WARNING] Wrong SQL parameters : [SELECT Password FROM users WHERE User="web1_paddy"]
    Oct 15 13:19:32 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] PAM_RHOST enabled. Getting the peer address
    Oct 15 13:19:34 m23s02 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [WARNING] Authentication failed for user [web1_paddy]
    m23s02:/etc/apache2#

How can I instruct Pure-FTPd to read users from table ftp_user .. not from users?

2. Bloedi

Bloedi New Member

Now I found the problem. In the original mysql config file are some options missing.

Options like this:

# Query to execute in order to fetch the password

MYSQLGetPW SELECT password FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '1' AND username="\L"

WIthout this option Pure-FTPd tries to use the table "users" instead "ftp_user" .. :) ..

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then ispconfig is not installed completely on your server as ispconfig sets the correct file on setup or you installed or updated something in pure-ftpd after you installed ispconfig and this wiped out the configuration file.