FTP mapping

Discussion in 'General' started by greenpete, Feb 25, 2009.

1. greenpete

greenpete New Member

I am at a loss as to what I might call this problem (0r search for on this forum) short of the above!
    In both an old and now new install of Dapper and ISPconfig I manage to create and use two or three website accounts before I get one that I can access via FTP and the files that show in the FTP client look right but when I upload the edited index file nothing changes!
    The only way I can edit the file is via SSH.
    Can anyone shed some light on this, as I am at a loss and cannot keep re-installing my remote sever in the hope that it solves the problem, especially when it hasn't!
    I have wondered if Webmin is messing with the settings?
    Thanks in advance for your help. :)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First, dont use webmin on a server where you use ispconfig or config files can be messed up! When you create a user that you want to use for uploading of files, enable the administrator checkbox for the user.

3. greenpete

greenpete New Member

How silly of me for forgetting to check the admin' box of the user! :eek:
    Doing so did the trick, thank you so much.

As for Webmin, It's still on there and as I love it so much I will try to keep it, but if I get anymore errors, I will re-install from scratch and leave Webmin out.

I will try the latest version of Ubuntu server as well which I think has 'Landscape' maybe that will wean me off of it!?
    Cheers! :)