ftp stops.. quota acceded ??

Discussion in 'General' started by JoeJoe, Oct 26, 2006.

1. JoeJoe

JoeJoe New Member

Hi..
    I keep getting errors about ecceding the quota,.. when i clearly have enough space. I gave the site 1000 Mb.
    Is the quota not working on isp config? how do i fix it ? how do i check if its even working?
    does anyone know why all the folders in web/ftp admin in isp config have a size of 4096 and am guessing MB ?

Help anyone!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you give tha admin user of the site 1000 MB too? I guess his userquota is exceeded and not the groupquota (website quota).

3. teves

teves Member

Hello,

I've had that problem too, and yes, it's been the admin userquota.
    But why is this? Must I always fit the admin userquota to the groupquota?
    What can I do to prevent the problem?

regards, tom

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. Maybe a short explanation of quotas might help you to understand this:

Userquota is the amount of data that a individual user migh store on the harddisk.

Groupquota (the quota of the website) is the amount of data which all users of the website might store on the harddisk.

Example:

The website quota is 200 MB and you have three users with a userquota of 100 MB each. You see that the userquota of all users is 300 MB. If user 1 stores 100 MB on the disk and user 2 stores 80 MB on the disk, the thirsd user can only store 20 MB on the disk even if he has a quota of 100 MB because he is restricted ny the group quota.