FTP tag vanished from website setup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by coolen, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolen

coolen New Member

Hi all,

I just installed ispconfig on a brandnew box and also for the 1st time in my life.

After stopping ftp service, switching to proftp and restarting again, the ftp tag vanished from the ispsite screen, and I have no place anymore where I can access the ftp login settings for the websites.

Any idea what happened? what is wrong? and how to solve this ?

B4 this (and now on the remaining screens) whatever site I choose doesn't matter, but as soon as I access the ISPCustomer setup screens I get:
    all tabs reflect the right customer, however all login screens on all customers (and I had that for all ftp also when I still had the tab) reflect the last filled in user stuff, not the one highlighted in the left tree. And If I change here, all other clients (seem) to alter to this one also. At least in the ispconfig screens.

Since I haven't been able to setup mail and ftp correctly yet I can't check if the real data is correct, and it is merely an ispconfig screen init failure somehow

Ispconfig 2.2.26 on suse 11

Any help greatly appreciated, since I'm fairly new to this i might have questions later again ;)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess your browser has a extension enebled that fills in forms and passwords automatically. Please disable this.

Changing the FTP daemon on the shell can not cause this as ISPConfog wont even recognize it. You must have changed something else. Please check that you enabled FTP access in the reseller settings.

3. coolen

coolen New Member

Thanks for the reply,

I have no resellers configured, so where should I look at ftp enabled then ?
    The ftp tab HAS been there, it just disappeared between two logins

as for the website, I installed all out of the box, and used only the recommended perfect setup for suse 11 to prepare for ISPConfig, I use konquerer as browser, but I have no idea if it has auto completion, I disabled auto fill in for form, but that didn't change it yet. BTW, it's not only the name/pwd but also the site name
    Say I have site A and site B then all tabs display their right info, only the
    login management tab shows user A for name, login AND Title on both choices

4. coolen

coolen New Member

After restart the 2nd issue seems solved.

However still no ftp tab in website menu anymore., made a reseller and moved one client + website under it, still not ftp tab..

5. till

ISPConfig does not has a FTP tab. The FTP accounts are on the user & email Tab.

6. coolen

coolen New Member

Gebruiker Nieuw
    Gebruiker Uname Email Admin CatchAll
    web2_arthur Arthur Coolen arthur 1 0
    web2_betty Betty Tichelaar betty 0 0

This is what is there, I seem to remember that I had to fill in name pwd for ftp somewhere :( Sorry if my failing memory made me post a wrong msg here :(

Then something else must be wrong, since I can enter admin from another outside computer (on either website it seems) but not any of the other accounts. I'll give it another try then

thanks and my apologies

7. till

Thats the email and FTP users, so everythin is as it should be.

Just enter username: web2_arthur and the password of this user in your FTP client.

As you see abocve, there is no user with the name admin. I guess oyu mix up the ispconfig control panel logins with the ftp logins.

8. coolen

coolen New Member

Hi Till,

thanks for your patience and help.

The above was just an example of one of the sites.

I tried a lot here, but it doesn't seem to work.

I configured both vsftpd as well as proftpd, in both cases:

for ispconfig screens.

if I go to https://localhost:81 or (from outside) to
    https:192.168.1.72:81 or one of the domains:
    https:/www.abe-en-henk.nl:81
    https:/www.cafestrings.com:81
    or others.

the only way I can log into the ispconfig page i get there is via
    admin and the admin pwd, and that gets me in all cases to the main isp config page.

as soon as I try to log in with the user (for example web2_arthur) and the pwd on the correct site, it gives me a wrong name/pwd combination
    (and mind me, that same name+pwd DOES work on the WEB-FTP tab from within the admin screens)

ERROR 101: wrong username or password.

I have ftp (on cmd prompt ) working now, looks like smartftp gave me some errors that have to do with smartftp(it insists on wanting to use Sftp in stead of ftp) and not with my setup.

Thanks again.

9. till

You totally mix up the logins. Uers from the email and user tab can never login to ISPConfig and this has nothing to do with Email!

Clients and resellers can login to ISPConfig.
    Users from the email and user tab can logoin with a FTP Clinet, with smtp and pop3 and imap.

10. coolen

coolen New Member

Hi Till

this thread can be closed.

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

I JUST found out the difference between the 2 logins :)

wanted to post but you were way ahead on me again ;)

Please understand, I came to ISP config because it was advised 2 me to make things easier, since I have totally no experience in running and maintaining all that I need to have some websites. The package is great, but also has in itself a lot to understand. So I'm just stumbling around a bit :)

Was looking for a first steps or setup example ala the doc on how to prepare the system for ISP, but then in setting up reseller-client-site together with the external ftp-mail stuff, but haven't been able to locate one.

So, being new to all, AND having a difficult situation in the sites I have running for friends did me make mix up problems.

I would like to make the situation easier, but for now I have no clue how to do that.

I have:

my own access via kpn (my own ip being static and 77.161.236.229)

then I have a few .com sites registered and maintained via www.domainguru.net, and I found out that the redirection service they run doesn't work for ispconfig.

so I had to setup up a dns at freedns (like for the .nl domains i have) to point to my box.

too complicated and main source of mixing the errors.

This is not the tread for this however. And I'm sure that with or without the excelent help here i will be able to find out more about how to set things up correctly.

Thanks for your patience and help so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.