FTP Transfer Statistics

Discussion in 'General' started by bluethunder82, Dec 12, 2006.

1. bluethunder82

bluethunder82 Member

I quick question regarding the FTP Traffic overview. When I go to a statistics page for an account I can view web and mail traffic but I only see 0.00 MB for FTP. I know I have transfered files using an FTP account.

Is this a side effect of having vsftp installed? If not where could I start investigating to get the FTP traffic to work. The only treads I found deal with NO traffic information being present so I'm at a stand still.

Thx :)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check that vsftpd writes a logfile (xferlog) and that the correct path to this logfile is set under management > server > settings in ISPConfig.

3. bluethunder82

bluethunder82 Member

Within the vsftpd.conf I have xferlog_enabled=YES, and the default log location of /var/log/vsftpd.log.

Looking under Management > Server > Settings > FTP The only path field present is to the conf file. The correct path is present. Save log is also checked.

Within my log folder (/var/log) I do have the ispconfig log file (vsftpd.log.ispconfigsave) which is being populated correctly.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please change it to /var/log/xferlog.

5. bluethunder82

bluethunder82 Member

Hi Falko, I have changed the location to /var/log/xferlog. The new log file is being populated when I upload/download files via ftp. However, the stats are still not being updated in the ispconfig interface. I'm not sure if it is relevant but last night at midnight the vsftpd.log.ispconfigsave file was updated but nothing for the xferlog. Would there be any other changes I need to do?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's the output of
    Code:
    mysql -u root -p
    mysql> USE <name of your ISPConfig database>;
    mysql> SELECT * FROM isp_server;
    ?

7. bluethunder82

bluethunder82 Member

Hi Falco, the output is fairly long but the part that you were looking for read:

vsftpd | /etc/vsftpd.conf | /var/log/vsftpd.log

I have changed the field entry (using phpmyadmin): /var/log/vsftpd.log -> /var/log/xferlog.

After the nighty log rotation the ftp usage was updated in the ispconfig interface. Thanks for the help.