FTP User problem. Cannot assign folders.

Discussion in 'General' started by Code5, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Code5

Code5 New Member

Hi all, I have a simple question.

Right, i have a domain, and within the domain is many folders for serving. I would like to specify one new user or many new users to a specifc folder within this domain, but set privledges on how they operate reading and writing to that specific folder when logged in via an ftp client such as WS-FTP etc.

Also i do not want to protect the folder from public reading as it is an acting mirror service.

Please can someone tell me how to do this without adding a subdomain and just making them admin to that sub domain. Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not set a specifoc folder for FTP users in ispconfig. For your setup you should consider to use a separate ftp server with virtual ftp users.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  3. Code5

Code5 New Member

Thanks.

Thanks for the help.

Maybe this can be forwarded to improvements for the next release of ISPConfig, as i have many requests for this type of access.

Regards,

4. till

This can not be implemented in ISPConfig 2 for technical reasons. If you need this, use ispconfig 3 which supports virtual ftp users.

5. Code5

Code5 New Member

Can you tell me where to locate the update script to move from Ver.2 to Ver.3 ?

Is version 3 secure enough to use now?

6. till

ISPConfig 2 can not be updated to ispconfig 3.