FTP users

Discussion in 'General' started by savagemania, Sep 26, 2007.

1. savagemania

savagemania New Member

I am confused on how ftp users are chrooted. The first user/email account I created (also the admin goes to the root folder when I login, but the 2nd users starts in /user/username/ but there is also a folder in /user for the admin user. Is there a way to edit where each user is chrooted or at least make them all start off in the root folder?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All email users have a home directory /user/username/ except of the site administrator. The home directory of the site administrator is the root directory of the website, so he can administer the websites files.

3. savagemania

savagemania New Member

what is the /user/username/web directory for? Also is there a way to allow other users to add content to the main site? And can you make email and ftp accounts separate (only FTP or only Email)

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. It is all described in the manuals ;)

This can only be done in ISPConfig >= 2.3.2

5. rollo_t

rollo_t New Member

Regarding documentation on this - afaik only ONE user can be marked as the 'admin' so while it's documented the answer is "yes, you can grant another user access to the main directory so they can modify the site, BUT you must first remove the 'admin' option from the previous user."

This is a major issue for us.