Ftp

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by derrickyoung95, Jul 6, 2007.

1. derrickyoung95

derrickyoung95 New Member

I finally have something that resembles a working system. I can create cleints, users and sites with no problem. howver when I try to login to ftp files to a site I get teh following message

Error: Transfer channel can't be opened. Reason: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
    Error: Could not retrieve directory listing

it appears to take the user name and password ok. I am suspecting that from teh server it is forcing SSL and ther is a problem with cert there? Any help is appreciated

2. derrickyoung95

derrickyoung95 New Member

Ok apparently my problems run a little deeper than I thought. Although the admin interface on port 81 is working and does not report errors my virtual sites do not work, an email account I have created on a site will not log into pop and my ftp still will not connect.

the error logs under /var/www/web1/log is empty

the mail.err log in /var/log states

Jul 6 22:38:27 lord-stanley courierpop3login: connection, ip=[::FFFF:192.168.1.3]
    Jul 6 22:38:27 lord-stanley courierpop3login: chdir Maildir: No such file or directory

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you select the correct IP address for the virtual site? You must use the internal IP address if the server is behind a router.