FUBAR'd really bad

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by fbnewtz, Nov 5, 2006.

1. fbnewtz

fbnewtz New Member

I over wrote my user table in MySQL. I have recreated all the users for my sites in there, so they can all access the database, but I don't know what potentially happened with the db_ispconfig table. I have the root user and password setup the same. I granted the permissions and I still cannot get it. For some reason the error I am getting does not match up with the problem I think I am having. I have not made any changes to MySQL or any libraries on my system, however, here are the error messages I am getting:

Code:
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:77) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 60
    What should I do to recover without having to recreate all of my sites?

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

No backups?

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Try to set the MySQL password within SSH, this way.

type mysql -u root -p
    On Enter password: .... enter your MySQL root password

Now type:
    SET PASSWORD FOR
    'web1_u1'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('the_password_you_like_to_use');

**** Change the web1_u1 to the correct user name!

Once done, type quit

I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, but give it a try!

4. fbnewtz

fbnewtz New Member

Passwords

I can get to my sites and all that just fine, I just cannot get to my ISPConfig admin site.

I of course did not backup before I did this and do not want to risk losing more data.

Thanks,

Fred

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you update your MySQL version?