Full screen in virualbox wanted

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by ex-para, Jan 16, 2009.

1. ex-para

ex-para New Member

I have XP working from within Ubuntu 8.04 on CD and would like to know how to have a fill screen. I have no right Ctrl on the laptop Keyboard that is US English.

Thanks

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You have a keyboard without a CTRL key? Maybe the key has another name, or you need to press a combination of keys?

3. ex-para

ex-para New Member

Full screen in virtual box wanted

I was able to resolve the problem but by a method I have not seen, I went for the full screen and I got a black screen with XP just the same size. I then went to resolution in the XP screen and moved the peg from one end of the scale to the other and then I had a full screen exactly the same as the XP or any other screen should be with no margins complete with tool bar on the bottom and the resolution is correct and is working every time I boot into it. It has been rather tedious getting vitualbox to show XP in Ubuntu, now the USB set-up is not working and I have seen about ten different way to fix it already but that is another question I may have to go into latter unless you can put me on right road now.
    Thanks for the reply.