Function of mail option "Disable (local) delivering"

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jcsaba, Jun 23, 2022.

1. jcsaba

jcsaba New Member

Hi,

In my case, I have upgrade to IspConfig 3.2.8p1 (on Debian Bullseye)
    There is no set any email forwarding (on the web configuration page), but it still forwarding emails to 2 other mailboxes, as before upgrade, and it not necessary anymore. One email is in alias domain, the other one is outside domain (gmail). This problem is belong to only one mailbox.
    How can I disable the forwarding? Where can I find? In postfix or dovecot service?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Forwarding can be done in postfix or dovecot depending on what you set up. What are your mail logs when you send to this address and it forwards to the other 2?

jcsaba likes this.
  3. jcsaba

jcsaba New Member

Thanks for your help!
    I have send a test email (from a gmail) to ..@vegyipari-hu and looks like the dovecot sieve forwarded it to ..@vegyipari-edu-hu and ..vegyipari@gmail-com:

Mail_LOG
    Jun 23 21:22:51 mail dovecot: lmtp(..@vegyipari-hu)<3183746><BaZMG4u9tGKClDAAxegvkw>: sieve: msgid=<CAKetWte=6iMLBre7pMyiQuZ=hh49UMwSrvHYbNRkegC_w_n=gA@mail-gmail-com>: redirect action: forwarded to <..vegyipari@gmail-com>
    Jun 23 21:22:51 mail dovecot: lmtp(..@vegyipari-hu)<3183746><BaZMG4u9tGKClDAAxegvkw>: sieve: msgid=<CAKetWte=6iMLBre7pMyiQuZ=hh49UMwSrvHYbNRkegC_w_n=gA@mail-gmail-com>: redirect action: forwarded to <..@vegyipari-edu-hu>

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Forwarding via sieve can be done either with mailbox settings or under mailbox Custom Rules in ispconfig, or in a custom sieve script.

jcsaba likes this.