GeoIP Error

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Mister, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister

Mister Member

Looking for someone who knows how to debug errors and knows how to run Maxmind'S new GeoIp,

I have not put anything in the Nginx directives field in site options

Any help on the error below is appreciated, been scratching my head all day and getting nowhere

[error] 22609#0: *35 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web\geolocation\GeoLite2-City.mmdb) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/private:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/tmp:/var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web:/srv/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/vendor/maxmind-db/reader/src/MaxMind/Db/Reader.php on line 38

2. Mister

Mister Member

It looks to me it is due to the open_basedir settings on the Options tab of the website in Ispconfig, but what do I enter?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The error might be a false postive. Please check that the directory geolocation ans all files inside are owned by the web user and client group of that website.

4. Mister

Mister Member

Hi till, thanks for your help

Unfortunately still no go, I did carelessly upload the file without the correct permissions, but I have changed them to 0755 and still the same..the full error code reads:

[error] 9703#0: *6 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web\geoip\GeoLite2-City.mmdb) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/private:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/tmp:/var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web:/srv/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/vendor/maxmind-db/reader/src/MaxMind/Db/Reader.php on line 38
    PHP message: PHP Warning: fopen(/var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web\geoip\GeoLite2-City.mmdb): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/vendor/maxmind-db/reader/src/MaxMind/Db/Reader.php on line 38
    PHP message: PHP Warning: fstat() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/vendor/maxmind-db/reader/src/MaxMind/Db/Reader.php on line 202
    PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Class 'MaxMind\Db\InvalidDatabaseException' not found in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/vendor/maxmind-db/reader/src/MaxMind/Db/Reader.php on line 217" while reading response header from upstream, client: 90.200.112.165, server: xxxxxxxxxxx.com, request: "GET /index1.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9010", host: "xxxxxxxxxxx.com"

5. Mister

Mister Member

Do I need to add a location block or other directive in the options field?

6. Mister

Mister Member

Ooops, the answer is written there, getting to grips with the new control panel and overlooking the obvious...failed to open, something is not in the right place

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is the directory /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web\geoip there?
    Is the directory /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web\geoip owned by the web user and client group of this website?
    Is the file /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web\geoip\GeoLite2-City.mmdb there?
    Is the file /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web\geoip\GeoLite2-City.mmdb owned by the web user and client group of this website?
    Is the path /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/web listed in the php open_basedir field on the options tab of the website?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.