Getmail configuration...

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by voltron81, Nov 27, 2009.

1. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

Hello to everybody.
    I'm trying to realize a local mailserver that will connect with a dialup connection to a main mailserver.
    To send emails, I've realized an email relay with queues.
    To receive emails, I want to configure getmail on the local mailserver with a POP3 connection to the main mailserver.
    As you can see on the link http://www.howtoforge.com/debian_etch_getmail_p3, there are some configurations explained.

The problem is that, in the local server, I've configured postfix with virtual accounts (and queries from a mysql database). The default mailbox is
    Code:
    virtual_mailbox_base = /var/vmail
    and on the main mailserver(realized with perfectserver and ISPConfig3), every time that I receive an email, I'll find it in /var/vmail/domain/user/new
    Well on this local server, I have nothing in /var/vmail and so I don't know in the getmail configuration what I've to put into [destination] section.

Somebody may give me some good suggestions?

Cheers
    Michele

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

In this case I'd try something like this:

Code:
    [destination]
    type = MDA_external
    path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
    arguments = ("-i", "-bm", "[email protected]")
    unixfrom = true

3. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

Hi Falko,
    thanks for the reply.
    I've tried what you suggest me, but it's look like the local mailserver is trying to deliver the email to the real [email protected] and not in the local one...
    Maybe this is because I don't have configured properly postfix... (in fact I can't login with pop3...)

Thanks
    Michele

4. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

Hi Falko.
    Now the mailserver is ok, I can connect with POP3 and IMAP.
    I've configured getmail as you said, but, I confirm my post of before, the local mailserver it's look like it want to send the emails received to the real [email protected], and not to the local one...

How is possible?

thanks
    Michele

5. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

Ok solved...
    I used:
    Code:
    [destination]
    type = Maildir
    path = /var/vmail/domain/user/