getting 503 Service Unavailable error, after enabling ruid2 module

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Surjit Sidhu, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Surjit Sidhu

Surjit Sidhu New Member

when I enable mod_ruid2 I'm getting 503 Service Unavailable on ISPConfig 3 admin
    when I disable it works. please suggest what's wrong when ruid2 enabled
    https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/mod_ruid-and-ispconfig-3.48808/
    I did some modification to as required like changed this "<IfModule mod_ruid>" to "<IfModule mod_ruid2.c>"
    "bash -c 'echo "LoadModule ruid_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_ruid.so" > /etc/apache2/mods-available/ruid.load'"
    to "bash -c 'echo "LoadModule ruid_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_ruid2.so" > /etc/apache2/mods-available/ruid2.load'"

I'm not sure, what's wrong, any idea how to get it working with ruid2 enabled
    I just installed fresh ubuntu and ispconfig following this https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-ispconfig3-on-an-ubuntu-14-04-server

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Never used this module so I cant help you with that. Have you checked the apache error.log for errors?

3. Surjit Sidhu

Surjit Sidhu New Member

[Mon Oct 05 15:33:44.463484 2015] [mpm_itk:warn] pid 10544 itk_post_perdir_config(): initgroups(www-data, 33): Operation not permitted
    [Mon Oct 05 15:33:47.468723 2015] [mpm_itk:warn] pid 10545 itk_post_perdir_config(): initgroups(www-data, 33): Operation not permitted
    [Mon Oct 05 15:33:49.094129 2015] [mpm_itk:warn] pid 10546 itk_post_perdir_config(): initgroups(www-data, 33): Operation not permitted

I'm getting this error

4. Surjit Sidhu

Surjit Sidhu New Member

my goal to run php as current user as cpanel and plesk does

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's the default in ISPConfig when you instaled it according to the official ISPConfig installation instructions from howtoforge.com, no need to install any extra software. Just ensure that you use the php mode php-fcgi or php-fpm and that suexec is enabled. php-fcgi and suexec are on by default, so as long as you dont turn them off, php runs as the user of the website.