Glitch with my SpamSnake!!!

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Tyiell, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Tyiell

Tyiell New Member

Hi there,

Having faithfully followed Rocky's guide to creating the perfect spamsnake on Ubuntu, I have got the whole thing up and running. A surprise in itself...!!!

The only issue I am having is that in his guide, Rocky sets the Spam Actions in MailScanner.conf to deliver with

Code:
    Spam Actions = deliver
    I dont fancy this, I'd rather it quarantined it - so I set it as follows:

Code:
    Spam Actions = store-spam
    Turns out that it doesnt seem to listen to this setting at all - since the sstem went live, all spam (and high-spam) have been deleted (or I assume they have, since no records exist of them and they haven't delivered anywhere!) except one - which was delivered with the ***SPAM*** message in the subject.

Anyone have any ideas why MailScanner would ignore the store-spam setting? I've tried a couple of the others, and even set it back to deliver as suggested in the guide, it doesn't seem to make any difference what I put in that field!!!

Many thanks in advance!!

2. Tyiell

Tyiell New Member

Ah - actually looking at ti now I have had a message go into the quarantine - it is flagged as "Ban Content". Perhaps I have misunderstood the meaning of this setting?

Is there a way to make the Spam messages (sa score of 6+) go to the same quarantine file as the Bad Content messages, and just delete the High Spam messages (sa Score 10+)??

Many thanks!!!

3. Tyiell

Tyiell New Member

Hmm, ok it seems to work perfectly now - maybe it just needed a weekend to think about it :)

Sorry for the pointless post :eek:

4. Rocky

Rocky Member

Hey,

It's 'store' not store-spam. You can set it up like this:
    Spam Actions: deliver store (Will deliver and store)
    High Scoring Spam Actions: store delete (Will store and delete)
    Non Spam Actions: deliver store (Will deliver and store)

Rocky

5. Tyiell

Tyiell New Member

Hiya,

Yeah it's working a treat now!! Thanks, that guide of yours was just what I needed (and it worked fine except for occasional user error/misinterpretation on my part!!!!)