Global limits, template limits, quota, can someone explain me?

Discussion in 'General' started by lonerunner, Mar 29, 2017.

1. lonerunner

lonerunner Member

How does the template limits works, i see separate sections for web limits, email limits and database limits, so generally they are all separated limits and for each one i have to set limit on their own to work?

For example if i want to give client 5GB space total for everything i can't just have some global quota or limit in template settings so user can choose for what he uses his 5GB?

As i understand now if i create template and want to limit user for 5GB i should set
    web limit 3gb
    email limit 1.5gb
    database limit 500mb

So this would total out to 5GB but if user want to have more space on his email than i need to go and change web limit for less and email limit for more space. and this doesn't count backups because backups are outside user web folder, at least the ones that are set automatically.

So am i not understanding something here or this is how it works.
    Is it possible to have limit for everything in global?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

sounds like you understand how it works correctly. the limits are separate because ispconfig is a multi-server system, so email and web and database are often on different physical servers, and hence can't easily share a limit. you could put in a feature request to add an overall global limit, such that the combined limits of all services can't exceed it, and maybe it would get added at some point, but right now there is no such setting.