Global sieve rule

Discussion in 'General' started by Steffen, May 30, 2017.

1. Steffen

Steffen New Member

How would it be possible to make a global sieve filter rule on ISPConfig 3.1? I would like a rule to automatic put SPAM-tagged emails into the Junk folder on each mailbox existing on the server.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Edit the global ispconfig sieve template file and store your custom copy in the conf-custom sub folder.

3. Steffen

Steffen New Member

Thank you for answering. Could you kindly point out the directories/files for me?

4. till

copy /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/sieve_filter_1.2.master to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/sieve_filter_1.2.master and edit it there. The file affects all new and updates mailboxes.

5. Steffen

Steffen New Member

Okay. So you cant have one global filter covering all mailboxes (existing too)?

6. till

This template is used to create all filter files. To apply it to all existing mailboxes, use Tools > resync in ISPConfig.

7. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As @till says, that is the template for all user's sieve scripts; a different solution is a true global sieve script, which you could configure with custom dovecot config. There's an example in https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration or similar comments in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-sieve.conf -- you will need to change /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf though, as ispconfig doesn't use the conf.d files, so to make your changes permanent you need to put them in a conf-custom template (ie. /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/debian6_dovecot2.conf.master) similar to what's described above (get the original debian6_dovecot2.conf.master from the install tarball or git).

till likes this.
  8. Steffen

Steffen New Member

Thank you @Jesse Norell . This is more like the solution i was looking for, though Till's answer did help me alot.

9. kommid

kommid Member HowtoForge Supporter

Will this affect existing custom sieve scripts that have been added via ISPConfig?

10. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, whenever they are generated. You can go to Tools > Resync to force that to happen for all accounts.